Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Other Classic Rebuilds

New project 1971 proline flatback. First decision engine bracket.

(1/7) > >>

Conrad4784:
New to this forum.  Thank you in advance for any advise given.  I picked up a 1971 proline flat back since they are close to the aquasports figured yall could help me out as I go through this project.  I was looking to pick up a portabracket for the proline but those things cost about as much as the entire project.  I have heard these boats run a little better with the engine setback.  The new transom is enclosed so I will need to get some kind of bracket.  I wanted to see if anyone has run a 36inch armstrong bracket with a jackplate mounted between the engine and bracket?  I could pick up both on marketplace for half the cost of a used porta bracket with less setback. any thoughts?  the engine I have is a 225hp Yamaha 2 stroke.  I'm not sure how much that will make the boat sit in the rear.   

RickK:
Conrad, I'm going to move your topic into the forum where you might get advice from other Proline owners. Not blowing you off, as you said they are kinda similar, so we can and will give you sound rebuild advice.

RickK:
Did you do the rebuild?  Looks real nice. What is the height of the transom?

Conrad4784:
Thank you Rick I cant take credit for the ransom the previous owner did a good job with the glass work but got burnt out on the project and/or didn't have the time to finish.  it is a 30inch transom.  Thank you for moving the post for me. Just seeing if anyone has done a bracket with jackplate setup and if they were pleased with the ride.

Ulysses485:
Hello and welcome to the forum Conrad. How do you plan to use the boat and where are you located?  Porta bracket is designed to get in to the shallowest of shallows and jump out in the shallows as well. However, I feel the need is primarily those looking for tarpon, redfish, etc. and in the flats on the west coast of Florida. The shallows on the east coast of Florida and up the coast don’t seem to have as much of the same need for it because the water doesn’t have such a slow drop off as it does in the gulf. I live in north central floria and it seems people back home in Miami only know of Armstrong brackets and jack plates. Keep in mind that brackets can be made with different amounts of flotation in them so they can be made to accommodate the loading.

Hope that input helps.

Ulysses

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version