You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: Transom Enclosure and Platform Recommendations for 222 CCP with 225 Yamaha  (Read 1103 times)

March 27, 2018, 01:36:20 PM
Read 1103 times

jdpsr

• Information Offline
i have a 222 ccp  with a 225 Yamaha on the back and thinking about adding a stern engine platform to gain a couple of inches lift in the stern.  and then  enclose the transom with a passage door to the platform.  Any suggestings and idea on how to close the  stern?  Any  recommendations for a Armstrong type bracket manufacturer in here Florida???

March 27, 2018, 02:38:48 PM
Reply #1

mshugg

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
I’m hanging an Armstrong bracket on my 200 CCP.  It wasn’t cheap, but it’s well made.  It’s the 30” setback widebody flotation bracket and will help float a heavier 4 stroke.  I hope to be launching in early summer.

I closed in my transom too, but that was part of a full stringers up rebuild, and may be more than you’re planning.  There are lots of examples of rebuilds with the treansoms enclosed in the rebuilds section, both CCPs and Ospreys.

September 15, 2020, 04:59:54 PM
Reply #2

NewGuy55

• Information Offline
Re: Transom Enclosure and Platform Recommendations for 222 CCP with 225 Yamaha
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 04:59:54 PM »
I’m hanging an Armstrong bracket on my 200 CCP.  It wasn’t cheap, but it’s well made.  It’s the 30” setback widebody flotation bracket and will help float a heavier 4 stroke.  I hope to be launching in early summer.

I closed in my transom too, but that was part of a full stringers up rebuild, and may be more than you’re planning.  There are lots of examples of rebuilds with the treansoms enclosed in the rebuilds section, both CCPs and Ospreys.

Only because I know you've already been through it, whats the transom angle on the 200 CCP? What made you go with Armstrong & were there any other options you considered?

Appreciate the feedback!

September 15, 2020, 07:29:40 PM
Reply #3

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 07:29:40 PM »

Only because I know you've already been through it, whats the transom angle on the 200 CCP?

IIRC the transom angle on my CCP was between 12 and 14 degrees. That was a 222 but I'd bet the 200 is the same. That was pretty much the standard in those days. May still be for all I know. I had a B Bracket (full platform) on that hull.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

September 16, 2020, 01:00:55 PM
Reply #4

NewGuy55

• Information Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 01:00:55 PM »

Only because I know you've already been through it, whats the transom angle on the 200 CCP?

IIRC the transom angle on my CCP was between 12 and 14 degrees. That was a 222 but I'd bet the 200 is the same. That was pretty much the standard in those days. May still be for all I know. I had a B Bracket (full platform) on that hull.

Gotcha- okay, I've read that a few places but will certainly measure mine when I have the chance to confirm. That said, when deciding on these engine brackets with with the swim platforms, is there a standard setback distance? I've looked all over the internet, have searched a few posts on here too but cant seem to land on something that seems definite. Is it a preference thing? Apologies, I dont mean to hijack the thread here.

September 17, 2020, 07:20:01 AM
Reply #5

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 07:20:01 AM »
Mine was 26". Just the way it came. Worked fine.

]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

September 17, 2020, 07:27:35 AM
Reply #6

mshugg

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 07:27:35 AM »

This is spot on.  My 200 CCP was 13 degrees.  Armstrong uses 30” set back as standard.

June 10, 2022, 12:37:34 AM
Reply #7

jdpsr

• Information Offline
Can anyone giv eme some feedback on adding an Armstrong 30" setback to my 222 pro.  Currently repowering my old Yamaha 2250 to a new 250 suzuki    My self-draining scuppers are about an inch above the waterline so they work fine  sitting in the water even in heavy rain.  But now the additional 75# and moving it back 30 inches may alter the self draing dynamics.  I was hoping to use a larger box similar to a twin engine  volume to give me a 1"+ ilift n the stern.    Anyone got any suggestion on my thinking?

June 10, 2022, 12:54:33 AM
Reply #8

dbiscayne

• Information Offline
A&J Marine in S FL built me a nice bracket, they'll work with you for custom sizes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal