You reached the limit of pages to see for today

General Aquasport Forums > Electronics

Wiring 196 for electronics, trolling motor and fishfinders

(1/2) > >>

Ng03:
Hi Everyone,

I have a 196 I'm trying to convert into a freshwater fishing machine. My plan is to install a 24v Trolling motor with a Garmin at the bow, I'll also be adding a Garmin at the helm. 

I currently have a 2 bank 12v set up for the entire boat under the console. I see a lot of people like to set up different battery banks for the bow toys although to me it made sense to have one battery setup so the alternator from the engine could keep them charged.

Does it seem possible/reasonable to run the whole boat with all electronics off that 2 bank 12 v set up?

Thanks!

RickK:
I think that if you spend a long day on the trolling motor and then try to start the engine, you may be screwed. I would have a dedicated 24V bank.

Fish Head:

I’am going with this Troll Bridge setup. 24agm starting and 2 group 31agm for the rest. Love to tell you how the TrollBridge system is working for me but I am still waiting for the new motor. With the chip shortage I might not even get it this year,ugh! Good luck finding batteries too. All batteries get charged from running motor and starting battery protected. Checkout their website for all the details.

boatnamesue:

--- Quote from: RickK on April 26, 2021, 11:43:25 AM ---I think that if you spend a long day on the trolling motor and then try to start the engine, you may be screwed. I would have a dedicated 24V bank.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  Need to isolate 12v for cranking.  Some folks tie in low amp accessory loads to the cranking volts...be that as it may, I do not recommend doing this with a trolling motor, regardless if it’s a 12/24/36v.  They pull a large amount of amps.

Ng03:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll follow up with progress soon. Waiting on my trolling motor to arrive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version