You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 1975 22-2 FF looking for new chairs  (Read 739 times)

May 11, 2011, 08:44:05 PM
Read 739 times

PaulR

• Information Offline
1975 22-2 FF looking for new chairs
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »
Greetings, new member, absolutely love this site and grateful to have stumbled upon it! I have a 1975 22-2 I/O FF, looking to find 2 new chairs for it. found a website www.boatingseats.com that has a 'helm chair' that's close, but not original. If anyone knows a place where I can find? The plastic has faded a bit over time. Boat has been in my family since 1976, and in great shape. Getting some gelcoat done starting this weekend, can't wait. Thanks to all and especially Rick for creating the site. Awesome!

May 11, 2011, 09:30:20 PM
Reply #1

pete

• Information Offline
Re: 1975 22-2 FF looking for new chairs
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
welcome to classic aquasport!first of all...we need pics of your boat,why,I don't know we just do.second where are you located?it will help so we can direct you to yours and our favorite local resources. :salut:
2003  Osprey 225
Palm Bay FL

May 11, 2011, 10:21:48 PM
Reply #2

PaulR

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »
I just tried 4 times to upload a .jpg from my desktop, says 'file is invalid', any hints? It usually works elsewhere...! :?
I live and boat in WI, mostly Door County. There's a great marina in Sister Bay called Yachtworks, have known them for decades, do a great job.

May 11, 2011, 10:41:01 PM
Reply #3

Glock Diver

• Information Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »
Welcome Paul!
 :salut:
To post pics, you'll need to upload them to a 3rd party website like photobucket.com
Check out the How-To guides in each forum.

Lots of marine surplus places down here in FL, maybe once we see the original seats, someone might have an idea.
1997 Aquasport 225, 200hp Johnson OceanPro

May 12, 2011, 10:15:21 AM
Reply #4

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 10:15:21 AM »
Welcome aboard Paul. :salut:

Our Photo section has, shall I say, a few bugs :roll:  so you'll need to work around it by following GD's advice and setting up a PB account. The free one works fine.

Once you have a Photo Bucket account and post to it, then read and follow this as written.

Good luck.

Now, once you understand how Photo Bucket works and you still can't post pics, try this.
Read steps carefully. :idea:

1: Go to your Bucket account (you need one to post photos on this forum), open and double click on a photo you have downloaded to the site.

2. Place cursor on the top left of photo, tool bar will appear, place cursor on EDIT then click on RESIZE

3. In a few moments a new window will open (call it the re-size window) with your photo and a tool bar above it.
Note the current photo size in the tool bar.Since this site (Classic Aquasport) limits posted photos to 800 pix wide X 600 pix long you must re-size it in order to post it, if it is larger than that. So.....

4. Photo Bucket has preset sizes you can use. They are in a 4:3 ratio and you will notice them in the toolbar just below the width measurement. Also notice that you can manually enter the pixel size for both width and height. Also note that there are two selections you can make when manually selecting the number of pixels. Unless you're a photo genius :roll: make sure you have the "proportion" button highlighted (little red dot to the left). This keeps your photo in the standard 4:3 ratio mentioned above. Why is this important? Under normal conditions, you hold the camera in the standard position and your photo is taken in the 4:3 ratio. Tilting the camera on end alters the width to height ratio. By leaving the proportion button highlighted, you can enter 600 px in the height box and the width will automatically change for a proper photo size.

5. This is where most members screw up. :o After you set the proper size you must do two (2) additional steps. First, click on the APPLY button on the right side of the tool box. Nothing much will seem to happen. Now scroll down and click on the Replace Original button. It's located underneath and to the right of your photo. If you do not complete this step, you will never place the proper size photo on the Aqua site. This is the thing most members do not do.

6.After clicking on the Replace Original button, the screen will take a few moments to do its thing and a new window will magically appear. Scroll down and look to the right and you will notice several options for "sharing your photo". Click on the last (IMG) one and notice how a little yellow box appears to the left saying "copied".

That's it, you're done.
Go back to your post and place your re-sized photo into the post where you want it by pushing "Ctrl + V" (at the same time) and it will appear as code. By previewing your post before submitting, you can check that you did everything correctly.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal