Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Aquasport Discussion

The Official Family Fisherman Registry - All Models

(1/21) > >>

TheKid:
Just curious...there seems to be a ton of the center consoles and walk-arounds but only a few FF's.

Me: 1979 22-2 Family Fisherman w/ Tohatsu 140hp

Who are you and where are you?

What cool things have you done or want to do to improve this platform?

I haven't really got into my boat yet. Planning on starting this weekend cleaning everything and giving the motor a once/twice over.

The only pics I have:

I have since removed pin stripes, waxed hull, dressed up wiring in splashwell, repaired battery boxes and added second VHF and antenna.

I really like the idea of moving the batteries and trim motor forward of the fuel tank.

I also plan on building boxes for storage/kill box under passenger seat and building a leaning post with storage for the captains chair.

Might even ditch the splash well too for more room. Could gain a good 18-20" of space.

More to come. I'm just getting started.

And no, I haven't forgotten about the fuel tank.

Here are some more recent pictures. Still dirty, doing all the prep for opening day.

New Radar
Point-1
EP-60 Fuel Flow Sensor
Rewire new anchor light

Sure you cant see most of that. But More pics are good!

So here she is in the current state.

fitz73222:
I think you should ask for a registry for all FF models. The 170, 19-6 and 22-2. There was a 170FF which I had never seen before was for sale a couple of weeks ago on Craigs list. Really cool little FF. We had a brand new 22-2 FF in 76' with the "NEW" V6 200 Johnson. The first ever V6 outboard. Quite a cool boat to drive around in when your 16 and by yourself! Man could that thing jump wakes!!!

Curious:
1975 22' Family Fisherman sitting in the backyard covered in snow.  200hp Yamaha Salt Water series sitting on side of garage, also covered in snow.  Trailer in pieces next to Yamaha.  Come hell or high water that boat will be on a plane this summer!

I like the idea of a seperate registry.

Here she is:

RickK:
Just rename your first post and you have it already - there are quite a few FF owners here.  :salut:

cclovern:
I am the owner of a 1979 22-2 FF with a 200 Merc Black Max. I finished up the water worthy issues last fall and got in a couple of short runs. I like the ride and stability of the design , there are a couple of odd features but thats what makes them unique. As other posters mine is covered in snow near Dunkirk NY , but spring will begin my first full boating season and the walleyes are calling!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version