Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Aquasport Resources

another surplus parts source

(1/2) > >>

John Jones:
Mod Edit: 6 May 2014, Please read full thread.

I stumbled across this site.  FL east coast.  I don't think I have seen it mentioned in here.

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM!

http://www.fpmarine.com

John Jones:
I think it would be good to have a simple listing at least.

I finally made it to Don's Salvage in Largo, FL. last Saturday.  Man what an overpriced junk pile.  The only thing of real value I saw there was props, especially inboard props.  Several hundred of them in all sizes.

LilRichard:
Amen... Don's SUCKS.  Went there hopeful and was very dissapointed.  Place is huge though.

RickK:
Yeah, I found, once upon a time, a website for them and there wasn't much on it and I called them and they said "Yeah, we don't keep that up much".  I asked them what their hours were on Saturdays and he replied "none".  Come to find out they're open first Saturday of each month for a few hours. A buddy went to there place and said it looked like as you walked through the "aisles", that if something fell off the shelf 10 years ago, it was still where it fell.  I guess they "don't keep that up much" either :!:  He also said it was a big junk pile.  Supposedly he's got millions$$ in that junk though.  My brother-in-law swears by them (or maybe it was at them) - I think for their prop selection too.  Ok, we'll not put them on the list.

As we build the list, if someone reports anything negative about a place (besides petty complaining), we'll pull them from the list.

LilRichard:
I would not exclude Dons, they do have a huge pile of sh*t there... maybe SOMEONE finds things they need there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version