Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: 196 Engine Options  (Read 1291 times)

January 24, 2022, 10:29:15 AM
Reply #15

Ng03

• Information Offline
Re: 196 Engine Options
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2022, 10:29:15 AM »
I think it'll be a good choice. Anything over a 115 will have your scuppers at the waterline so you may as well get the extra power for around the same weight. Like mentioned already the big weight jump happens at the 150s. The zuke 140 is a great motor. I love mine on my 22. Get some ping pong ball scuppers for the back and enjoy it

Thanks! I've seen the ping pong ball scuppers. That will be the plan

January 24, 2022, 10:35:44 AM
Reply #16

Ng03

• Information Offline
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2022, 10:35:44 AM »
Anything is possible with a careful thought out epoxy/fiberglass repair! Have your Suzuki mounted. Go splash it and see where the existing scuppers sit. If below waterline np, plug and seal them with epoxy/plug/fiberglass. Lots of great vids on YouTube on how to. With new waterline determined figure out where your new scupper hole need to be, for instance at least 1 inch above waterline. New scupper height should fall within the trough up/down dimension. You can always raise the trough bottom surface up to scupper height with a epoxy/ fiberglass fix. You can raise scuppers to the level of your floor if you have to which would be basically sealing up the the drain trough. The 2 lower mounting bolts of engine will now have to be accessed through bilge access with holes drilled through trough. I am nervous about having holes in a boat below waterline, guess you can have plugs ready to go just in case but sounds like a PIA like other members commented about.

Thank you Tom! I have kept plugs in my scuppers already so I will continue on that way unless running. I would like to eventually have functional scuppers but raising the deck is more project than I'd like at the moment..... maybe "someday". Cheers

February 15, 2022, 12:09:11 PM
Reply #17

Ng03

• Information Offline
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 12:09:11 PM »
Hi all,

My Suzuki 140 is ready to pick up. Could not find a white motor in the entire northeast but got lucky to find a white cowling set on eBay. My black cowling set will be for sale if anyone wants a brand new 140/115 set.

Unfortunately I'm away from the boat for awhile and don't have the ability to measure. Does anyone know how much cable I need for installation? Im figuring 13ft would be a safe amount but not something I want to guess.

Cheers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal