You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 1999 Aquasport 175 Gauge Set?  (Read 286 times)

August 26, 2020, 08:18:23 PM
Read 286 times

kylealen

• Information Offline
  • 1999 Osprey 175
    • www.theoceandude.com
1999 Aquasport 175 Gauge Set?
« on: August 26, 2020, 08:18:23 PM »
Hello all. Really enjoying the site so far. I am the recent owner of a 1999 Aquasport 175. I love it. I am starting to make it like new again.

1. I am wondering where I can purchase new gauges for this panel (pictured) I want to make sure whatever I get is compatible. These are the original gauges. I want to install brand new ones. If anyone has links to gauges that will work, that would be great!

2. I am going to keep all the wiring as it seems fine. However, when I connect everything back to the old gauges, should I use any sort of anti corrosion? If so, what do you reccomend. I enjoy doing things the right way for piece of mind. I am even going to use a wire brush on all the little connectors, or whatever I can get in them to scuff them a bit before installing them back on hopefully the new gauges.

3. A few of the circuit breakers were bad. The connectors rusted or broke off. So I am going to replace them. Is it common for the breakers to go bad internally? Should I replace all 7 of them while I am doing all this?

4. Will also entertain the idea of getting a new panel face if anyone knows where to get one? Mine is a little cracked where the screws go in as you can see.

Here are images of the gauges. I want to replace ALL of them.

Thank you all!

August 27, 2020, 07:44:02 AM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: 1999 Aquasport 175 Gauge Set?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 07:44:02 AM »
1. I am wondering where I can purchase new gauges for this panel (pictured) I want to make sure whatever I get is compatible. These are the original gauges. I want to install brand new ones. If anyone has links to gauges that will work, that would be great!

Try here.
http://www.themarineconnection.net/Gauges.html

2. I am going to keep all the wiring as it seems fine. However, when I connect everything back to the old gauges, should I use any sort of anti corrosion? If so, what do you reccomend. I enjoy doing things the right way for piece of mind. I am even going to use a wire brush on all the little connectors, or whatever I can get in them to scuff them a bit before installing them back on hopefully the new gauges.

I used Corrosion X for years but this seems to work very well and is easy to come by.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fluid-Film-11-75-oz-Lanolin-Based-Petroleum-Oil/50335157?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-hdw-_-google-_-lia-_-214-_-automotive-_-50335157-_-0&placeholder=null&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI287ZwaS76wIViYVaBR3EYwjYEAQYASABEgJ2dfD_BwE

3. A few of the circuit breakers were bad. The connectors rusted or broke off. So I am going to replace them. Is it common for the breakers to go bad internally? Should I replace all 7 of them while I am doing all this?

I would replace them all.

4. Will also entertain the idea of getting a new panel face if anyone knows where to get one? Mine is a little cracked where the screws go in as you can see.

You may strike gold at the Marine Surplus link above but chances are you'll need to get a custom panel made.
https://newwiremarine.com/

Here are images of the gauges. I want to replace ALL of them.

OMC originals. If you don't mine me asking, why? They appear (in the pic anyway) to be in fair condition. Still, I believe you may track down a set that may be similar. Sierra makes the system check gauge or you may find NOS  gauges on eBay if the Marine Connection doesn't have them.

The real fun is in the hunt.

Good luck. :thumright:
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

August 27, 2020, 08:25:38 PM
Reply #2

kylealen

• Information Offline
  • 1999 Osprey 175
    • www.theoceandude.com
Re: 1999 Aquasport 175 Gauge Set?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 08:25:38 PM »
Bob, thank you. 

I put the panel back in today after cleaning all connections and adding some electric grease to them. Once I have everything working I will spray with the product you suggest. Sounds like a good product.

I changed bulbs in all gauges, and installed a seirra volt gauge. The guy from the marine store said it should be fine, and it was. It works now, but no light. In fact, 3 of the gauges lights aren’t working. So that’s my next task.

I will also replace all circuit breakers as suggested. As in why I want to replace all gauges, just because I wanted them to be new. I’m scratching that idea and just focusing on getting them all working. I will replace the ones that aren’t. I can always swap out the others later on.

Thank you!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal