You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Paints, topsides and bottom and Gelcoat Topics

Repainting inside walls/gunnels and floor... Is it worth it?

(1/2) > >>

Reeltime:
So I have my 1988 Aquasport 222 EF and I’ve been looking around for quotes on redoing the inside. Repainting the walls and gunnels and also the floor. I have the diamond non-skid on the deck and on top of the gunnels as well. The outside of the hull is good it’s just the inside is old and flaky looking. Quotes have been from around 8,000-12,000 and I’m being told it’s probably not worth investing that kind of money into the boat seeing that I won’t get it back when time to resell due to boat grand and age. Thought about just doing paint on the walls and gunnels and applying some flooring such as Sea Deck on the floors which would also run me about at least 4,000 on the Sea Deck alone. I need some real answers, suggestions, and or opinions  from you guys and I’m uploading some pics as well.

Reeltime:
Examples of how it looks

Reeltime:
Examples

mshugg:
There is almost nothing that you can do to a boat that will qualify as an investment.  Even adding brand new power will not recoup the cost, and certainly won’t grow in value.  The question is are you otherwise happy with the boat and are you planning to keep it?  Will having it freshly painted add to your enjoyment?  Or for that matter, would adding sea dek?  If your answer is yes, have the work done, or do it yourself and trade time for money.

RickK:
X2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version