Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Pix of 2007 project boat  (Read 1432 times)

September 30, 2006, 12:06:49 AM
Read 1432 times

joeboater

• Information Offline
Pix of 2007 project boat
« on: September 30, 2006, 12:06:49 AM »
Pix of 19-6 AS on Gallery page. Have not figured out how to show local to forum, yet.

Would you guys think the boat needs a transom based on the cracks along the transom cap?

I  need to pull the flooring up to check the stringers. Supposedly this one was reglassed. Owner seem to know a bit about engineering so I may luck out.. But, the transom is a concern at this time.[/img]

September 30, 2006, 12:41:52 AM
Reply #1

warthog5

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 12:41:52 AM »
So why don't you post the here on this thread, so we don't have to go hunting them?
"Just \'cause it\'s new, doesn\'t mean it\'s worth a Damn!

September 30, 2006, 12:51:11 AM
Reply #2

Tim/GA

• Information Offline
    • http://curriecustomnets.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 12:51:11 AM »
Joe, I am working on a 19' 6" right now as well, see the thread a few below this one.  Mine is a 1972, what year is yours?

To post the pix, after uploading to the gallery go to the picture and look in the boxes below it for the HTML code ( starts with

Currie Custom Cast Nets and Seines
http]

September 30, 2006, 07:51:21 PM
Reply #3

JimCt

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 07:51:21 PM »
If you stick to your guns on this project, and we'll do our best to keep you from going wobbly, these "before" pictures compared to your "after" pictures  will be great to see.

Concerning the transom, the only way to put your mind to rest is to peel off the inner layer of glass.  You'll have the deck out anyway and that's the time to do it.  Nothing worse than getting done with the project and then, after you hang a motor, realize the core is bad.

Keep the pictures coming.  Glad she found a savior.
JimCT
------
\'74 22-2 inboard
HIN:ASPL0953M74J
Chrysler 318
------
\'74 Marshall 22

October 01, 2006, 11:12:18 AM
Reply #4

joeboater

• Information Offline
Nothing worthwile is easy
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 11:12:18 AM »
Me wobbly kneed??? Only cause I am getting old, not because I am reluctant.

I have done extensive glass work on a Larson, and a Manatee. The Manatee is a classic example of how not to build a boat. Must be those Florida  builders who never learned how to roll roving and weave.

The Larson is probably along those same manufacturing lines. If you can't shoot it out of a chopper gun than it can't be built.

I have been buying the bulk of my glass supplies from Merton's Fiberglass in Mass. Are there other sources that are as inexpensive and local???

Now,, the other part of the equasion,,,, too many boats....

I have the Larson, sitting in RI,, the nose has been rebuilt but the transom is beyond hope. Nearly had a catostophic failure while coming back from Newport to Pt. Jude. Pix will follow someday.  ONE

The Manatee took backseat to the Larson as I had paid for the motor and the dealer stored it for five months for me. So when I wasn't done with the Manatee, as far as rebuilding, I boat the Larson on the cheap and used that for a couple of years. TWO

Then it broke and I got a Winner Minikai (flattened that one with a Bobcat loader last year and took to landfill), , it was damaged and improperly repaired.  And then I got a Thunderbird 17' tri hull. Not bad. But, poorly engineered transom to hold anything bigger than a 70hp... It is my current victim for the 120 Johnson's torque. It should last till I get the Aquasport fixed. THREE

I have a 21' Carravel Wahoo that is going to be going bye bye.... It has about 200 hours on it total. I am keeping the engine and stern drive.. Very deep V.. My dad bought it new in 1973, but it has seen more snow and rain than blue water. FOUR

And I almost forgot my albatross,,, the SeaRay 24 weekender that gives new meaning to future artifical reef project.. Five

So,, to narrow the nonsense down,, I need to either give some boats away, or crush and dump some hulls..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal