Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Family Fisherman/Dual Console/Sport Rider Rebuilds

246 rebuild live from Delmarva!

(1/48) > >>

4shore:
Knowing that there was a 22-2 named the miss Delmarva and it is involved with one of the best rebuild threads on the web I figured I'd pay homage with my thread since I live on the eastern shore of Maryland .(Delmarva)

I'll start by telling you plan for the boat. It will be used almost year round starting with the spring rockfish season which involves a lot of trolling. Down to the tunnel for drum and cobia. Then some offshore trips in the summer. Then back to the bay for the fall rockfish run. The biggest departure from all this will be in the winter when it gets used for duck hunting. There is a great opportunity on the Chesapeake for diver hunting on open water especially using lay out boats which the large deck on the 246 will come in handy.

Pic of boat in driveway

Pic of stern and the huge 68"x20" cut out. That's going away!

4shore:
This is my idea for the new transom shape. I had already spoken to bondobill about it and he has provided some really good info. I was told by others that I could go as narrow as 28". I would like to enclose the transom as much as possible due to the removal of the splash well.

This is the splash well that is getting cut out to gain more floor space,almost 3'!

Callyb:
Very  8) to have another Ms. D aboard! Keep the pics of the progress coming, and good luck!

:afro:

RickK:
Looks like another rebuild I can learn from, let the skill saw/jig saw/sawzall melee begin  :cheers:

4shore:
Ask and you shall receive
Putting her to sleep in her crib. The shop has an overhead gantry chain hoist which helped a lot but it still needed some good ole country strong on it! The rear chines are actually resting on those heavy steel platforms that car dealerships roll their cars up on for display. Scored the four boat stands off of Craigslist $160!!

Removing the teak and rub rail

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version