Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Props

22 2 What Propeller ?

(1/1)

fpalmer:
1977 22 2 Center Console, all orginal, currently repowering w/Yam 150 ox66 (saltwater series II) Any suggestions on correct propeller ?

John Jones:
What is your wide open throttle rpm with a normal load?  Prop should be pitched to give you approximately max factory listed rpm with your normal load.

fpalmer:
just rigged motor almost ready to sea trial, do not know what prop to try first ? thinking 4 blade for lift, as i shallow water fish.

DEFIANT:
If you call a Yamaha dealer they can get you in the ball park. If you buy from them they may let you test a prop to see if it is the correct one.

When I had an old Johnson the dealer assisted me as did the Suzuki dealer when I upgraded. You may have to pay a bit more with the dealer, but to get the right prop is well worth the extra cost!

GoneFission:
If you want a guess, I would start with an 18 or 19 pitch.  If I wuz a bettin' man (which I'm not - I always lose!), I would bet on either a 19 or a 17.  But, as the sticker on the car says, "your results may be different."

Good luck!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version