Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Props

Prop for 4.3l merc I/O 22.2 ff aquasport

(1/4) > >>

sebas54:
Hi, I need to replace my Propeller But don't know what size I need.  I just bout this boat in the spring and the guy who sold it to me told me, he went through 4 props before finding one which worked well.  

I have all 4 props but the one thats on the boat, I don' tknow what size it is.

I go 23 mph at 3900 rpms with my prop now.  

I would like to go faster if possible.  Thanks

GoneFission:
You want to run 4500-4800 RPMs at full throttle with a 4.3, so whatever you have now is probably over-pitched - you can do better.  Why not just take a prop wrench, pliers, and a screwdriver with you next time and switch the props until you find the one you like?  It's a 5 minute job to change props, and no theory about what SHOULD work will be as accurate as the real thing!    :wink:

Hope this helps - good luck!

sebas54:
Thanks for the repley.   Can you tell me exactly what size would work best for me.  Thank you.

riverratjr:
Is your boat at WOT,wide open throttle, at 39000 rpm? Your current prop specs should be machine stamped on the prop body;i.e. 13 7/8X21 or 14X19 etc.

sebas54:
No it's not at WOT at 3900.  The person that I bought the boat from told me not to go above 3900 RPM.  I cant see the stamped specs on the prop that is on the boat but I do have the specs for the other 3 props that weren't efficient.  Should I just replace the prop with the one thats on it already.   thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version