You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Fuel tanks and anything about fuel systems

1988 Osprey 170 Fuel Tank Replacement

(1/3) > >>

UVAcavsLewis:
Hi All,

I plan to replace the OEM fuel tank on my 1988 Osprey 170 in a few weeks.

I called up Phil yesterday at Alloy Metal Works and he is working on the tank fab...4 week lead time.

Before I go on this adventure, any tips or insight that can be shared to make this a successful rebuild?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Nic

RickK:
You might want to change the fill hose to the hull side gunwale top. It's a slightly difficult job and we have a lot of examples of doing this.  Change the vent hose same time.  Also you should change the hose from the tank to the engine. All this will be apparent as you get into this.  You might want to pull the tank and start on the hoses now though, while you're waiting for the tank.

UVAcavsLewis:
Thanks Rick, hoping to get started today to get an understanding of the condition.

Any suggestions or tips on how to secure the new tank?

RickK:
I would see how the old one was secured and see if you can copy that, minus any rubber or anything that can trap water against the tank.

UVAcavsLewis:
Thanks Rick, I opened it up yesterday, see the pictures below, do you know what the smaller clear line is that is going parallel to the larger fill hose?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version