Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Miscellaneous Aquasport Hull Info

1987 222 cc

(1/1)

jep489:
Hello, new to the forum; I just bought a 1987 222 cc with ttop with full helm up top.I been looking for this boat for a long time. I have 3 concerns with the boat:
1) The floor has a slight bounce in the floor along the starboard side of the console;does that mean the stringer is bad?
2) Was there wood used in the construction of this hull?
3) It came on a single axle trailer: most others I see online are double axle. Is the boat too heavy for a single axle trailer?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Capt. Bob:

--- Quote from: jep489 on March 29, 2020, 02:55:55 PM ---Hello, new to the forum; I just bought a 1987 222 cc with ttop with full helm up top.
--- End quote ---

Is this an Osprey or a CCP?

--- Quote from: jep489 on March 29, 2020, 02:55:55 PM ---1) The floor has a slight bounce in the floor along the starboard side of the console;does that mean the stringer is bad?
--- End quote ---

No.
The deck (floor) may be compromised due to a failure of the mounting fasteners sealing to the deck. You stated it has a T-Top. Water entering the mounts on that side may have caused rot in that area of the deck.

--- Quote from: jep489 on March 29, 2020, 02:55:55 PM ---2) Was there wood used in the construction of this hull?
--- End quote ---

No, not the hull itself but yes in the deck, transom, under gunnels and console.

--- Quote from: jep489 on March 29, 2020, 02:55:55 PM ---3) It came on a single axle trailer: most others I see online are double axle. Is the boat too heavy for a single axle trailer?
--- End quote ---

Well it's on a single axle trailer but.. that's the exception to the rule. I would want it on a double axle myself. Save the single for a 170 Osprey.

jep489:
That makes sense. It is the osprey. Thank you for your help!

jep489:
I believe my 1987 222 osprey has the original fuel tank. The gauge isnt working but i filled it up for the first time last weekend and it took 76 gallons and I dont believe it was bone dry to start. I see the original specs show a 70 gallon tank; do you know otherwise?
thank you for your time
 PS dose a 80lb trolling motor do anything on the 222?

Capt. Bob:

--- Quote from: jep489 on April 07, 2020, 02:33:47 PM ---I believe my 1987 222 osprey has the original fuel tank. I see the original specs show a 70 gallon tank; do you know otherwise?
--- End quote ---

That's what the 86-87 catalog shows so no, I don't know otherwise. Tank may have been changed at some point. Only way to tell is to open the hatch and look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version