Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Flatback 22-2 Rebuilds / 19?? Flat back diver
« Last post by Theodore on April 15, 2024, 07:56:17 PM »
https://classicaquasport.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23808&title=flat-back-19&cat=2
After riding in one of these boats in Homosassa , I had to Have one! Found this in Mass. for $500 on a good trailer. My first restoration, i have redone a console and replaced a transom, so my glass skills are newborn. This also my first attempt at a post, and i am sure i could use some tips in both areas.
Electronics / Re: Primer Solenoid
« Last post by Capt. Bob on April 15, 2024, 12:32:11 PM »
A lot going on here so....

First, when pushing in the key switch (choke) you should here the solenoid "click". You are correct in the fact you should show voltage at the wires when doing the same. Rotating the red lever by-passes the solenoid and allows fuel to be pulled into the carbs. When using that method, returning the lever to the closed position would be best after warm-up. You seem to have that down pat and it would appear that there is a "disconnect" between the ignition choke portion of the switch and the primer solenoid. Could be a switch problem (dirty contacts) or a break in the wiring to the primer.

You might try a squirt of contact cleaner shot through the key entry or checking the connectors on the rear of the switch. Hopefully, at worst, you'll need to replace the switch itself and not have to chase down a wiring connection.

Good luck.

PS.... looking at an old 1996 service manual for my 200hp shows an ohm check 5.5 ohms +/- 1.5 ohm so you could also check the solenoid coil winding itself.
Aquasport Discussion / Re: Seat cushions for 215 explorer
« Last post by Capt. Bob on April 15, 2024, 12:12:20 PM »
Capt. Bob,  Helm seats.  Thx

You should be able to find a close fit since those are newer design chairs. I had to replace my chairs (bought at the Marine Connection) but they were older Todd models and no cushions were available. I searched for a long time and found a good "fit" at, of all places, West Marine. :ScrChin:

Good luck.
Electronics / Primer Solenoid
« Last post by Hshirokmann on April 14, 2024, 12:31:00 PM »
Hi all,

I have a 2003 215 explorer with original 175 Johnson. last season I had hard starts and when I manually moved the primer arm it would then start. Before I go in the water this season, I am looking into this and when disconnecting the solenoid wires and putting a voltmeter on it I am not seeing any voltage when I put the key in the choke position. 1st question is am I diagnosing this correctly, and the second question is do you think that the whole key switch is bad? The boat starter turns over fine with the key and does not seem to miss on any key turns. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Howard
I am Fabrizio from Rome, owner of 19.6 Aquasport.
i am writing to you seeking for advices to mount an electric windlass and a bow roller on my boat. Just wondering if one of you have done it already an can spare his suggestion on models of both and have usefull hints. For now I would have chosen the Italwinch Smart 500W 6mm chain windlass, a good product made in Italy and here with  a good price and excellent assistance, but I was unable to find a solution for the bow roller because the 19.6 has a bow that is not flat. I attach some photos. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely Fabrizio
has anyone used Mini-Craft of Florida for gel coat spider cracks with good results?
« Last post by rhtrades on April 12, 2024, 08:30:51 AM »
Thanks.  I’ll check them out.
Aquasport Discussion / Re: 215DC repower question 🙋‍♂️
« Last post by plugger on April 12, 2024, 08:10:17 AM »
I did that exact motor swap…. No idea about a Jack plate etc….
« Last post by plugger on April 12, 2024, 08:08:15 AM »
Last time I was at Marine Conection in fl I was able to get a set for my AS 205
« Last post by rhtrades on April 11, 2024, 06:54:36 PM »
Capt. Bob,  Helm seats.  Thx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal