Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Other Classic Rebuilds

Fiberglass tank

(1/2) > >>

24flatback:
I have recently bought a 24' Ploline that is about 40% through a rebuild. The previous owner had a fiberglass fuel tank built in to the bottom of the hull. It appears that they did a nice job but I am concerned that the tank will break down in time due to the introduction of alcohol to gas. Does anyone have any experirnce with this?

SnookNreds:
While your in the process of redoing the boat, i'd go ahead and change out tanks. It's better to be safe than sorry in the long run

RickK:
What he said  :thumleft: Ethanol blows - and it's getting worse with the push for E15.

BTW, welcome aboard 24flatback (proline)  :!:  :!:

24flatback:
Thanks guys. I've been reading these forums for a long time, seems to be alot of good people with a wealth of knowledge here.

The way it looks I am planning on ripping it out. If any thing it will make a good coffin for a prefab' tank. Still it's a shame, the tank looks to be really well made.                    Thanks again, Nick

wingtime:
If the tank was made with Isophthalic resin (which it should have been for a fuel tank) ethanol fuel should not effect it.  I'd check into that before ripping out a perfectly good tank.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version