Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Fuel tanks and anything about fuel systems

Replacing the Fuel Tank in my 1985 170 Osprey

(1/2) > >>

allancarlisle:
Hi everyone, I am replacing the fuel tank in my 1985 170 Osprey. The tank had been replaced once before and I believe the tank that was used was too large as the tank was sitting directly on top of the coffin. I came across RDS Aluminum in Perry, FL and after speaking with them, received the attached drawing for a tank for 170 Osprey. I just wanted to see if there was anyone here that could confirm these dimensions and location of the fill, vent, pick up and sender where in the appropriate places before I go ahead and order the tank.

Thank you in advance

Capt. Bob:
You are looking at a cut sheet for an original 170 Osprey. This is the correct tank supplied from the factory for that model hull.

Here is some light reading:
https://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?topic=11420.msg112272#msg112272

Note the two posts that call out the tank for the 170. "PHILRAJOTTE" a longtime member and supplier. "Coverhills" dimensions are taken from an original tank.

RDS was a supplier to Aquasport (that's why they have the cut sheet). I purchased my last tank from them.

Good luck. :thumright:

snapper whipper:
Hi I am facing my second gas leak problem (I replaced the tank about ten years ago but could not get the fuel fill hose out so I didn't replace it) This could be my problem
 any hot tips on getting the fuel fill hose out and replacing it?

mgclinard:
I had an axle breaak on my trailer today hauling a 170 home.  I noticed some gas leaking from the bottom center of the transom, I assume that mean the tank is broken?  If so, whats involved with replacing the tank?

RickK:
There are tons of examples of this in the rebuilds section. If the boat has a hatch over the tank that makes it easy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version