Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Center Console Professional (CCP) Rebuilds

CCP Front floor hatches

(1/2) > >>

CajunSportsman:
I have a CCP with the single small floor hatch in the very front but have seen larger hatches like the ones pictured below.  Can anyone tell me if these were standard in certain year models or were these custom jobs?

This one looks like a mfr. job b/c the floor crosshatch texture looks smooth around the hatch:

This one looks like a do-it-yourselfer.  Not sure I want to have to lift the fishbox on its end:

Anybody have any ideas for me if I'm looking to add front/below deck storage?

gofish:
I have a 25' CCP and it has the same hatch in front but turned length wise. It appears to be a custom job. I would think that the factory would have molded the hatch lid into the deck. It does have a net inside and is a good place to store the safety gear.

CajunSportsman:
I just worry that if I cut into my deck, the floor strength may be compromised.  I would imagine that the factory jobs are supported around the edges underneath?

DEFIANT:
When I replaced the front deck on my 1983 222 CCP I also enlarged the front storage hatch and insulated it so I coud store 5 - 5 gallon buckets of chum for shark fishing. I also added a 22 gallon fuel tank in front of the console.

It was easy to attach both items to the stringers on either side. I did this five or six years ago. I feel there was no loss of strength, in fact the strength was probably increased with cross bracing.

CajunSportsman:
Defiant,

Do you have any pics of the finished product?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version