Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Caveat Emptor  (Read 19616 times)

March 05, 2009, 09:44:34 PM
Reply #15

gw204

• Information Offline
Re: Help! Looking for Thomas70 Update!
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »
Quote from: "Laz"
GW,

Sorry that I possibly came across as a little.......pi**ed off, I am!  Nothing against you but this just has been very frustrating.  I wished there was a reasonable explanation!  I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've called him or text him to possibly put an end to this with either him sending me the money back or just letting me come get the boat hull.  I have still yet to receive any calls back.  Even last Friday I left a message on his phone again saying I would be more then willing to work something out and still no return call.

No hard feelings dude.  Hope you get it all worked out.   :)
Brian
St. Leonard, MD
1981 Mako 17
1986 Grady White 227

March 06, 2009, 01:13:37 PM
Reply #16

Laz

• Information Offline
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 01:13:37 PM »
Thanks Marc and Gw.  I looked on the hull truth a little but will look more later.  I did put a post on the Mako site since I guess he's on that site often also.  I guess the moderator didn't like the post and zapped it!  And all I did was warn against using Thomas70 or his business until speaking with me.

After filing the police report, it was finally assigned to a detective.  I spoke with him and gave him as much information that I had on Aaron inlcuding, unfortunately, his mother's address that I had which is where I was supposed to meet him the first time to get the hull.  

I understand that it's only money but too me, it's the principal of it at this point.

March 10, 2009, 04:09:17 PM
Reply #17

Laz

• Information Offline
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »
So, turns out that I'm not the only one that Thomas70 has scammed.  Heard from another individual from another site that he was scammed out of $400 for a crossbow that he bought from him and never received nor has the money been returned.  Hey Thomas70, if your not a scammer or don't do business like this where is your post defending yourself?!

March 10, 2009, 04:55:34 PM
Reply #18

Marcq

• Information Offline
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 04:55:34 PM »
What a shame  :(  I hate people like that, but like they say, what goes around comes around
Don't let go man, I'm keeping an eye out for you

Marc..
1979 170 Aquasport 70hp Evinrude

March 12, 2009, 12:50:46 PM
Reply #19

Laz

• Information Offline
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 12:50:46 PM »
I got home from work today, checked my mail and guess what was in it?  Thats right!  There was an envelope from Mr. Anderson and inside of it was a cashiers check.  Check looks legit so first thing tomorrow will take it too the bank.  So, looks like this saga might have finally come to an end!

Wahooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 15, 2009, 07:49:03 PM
Reply #20

Thomas70

• Information Offline
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 07:49:03 PM »
Quote from: "Laz"
Maybe I should have mentioned that when I called to cancel the deal because I was unable to make the trip up, I did cancel that check because it didn't want that check floating around out there trusting that he would either send it back or rip it up.  Who wouldn't? When the new deal was worked out I told him to hold the check and not to cash it until it was a definate he was coming down to Fl. to pick up that other boat.

After speaking he said he was coming to Fl. to pick up another boat he offered, not me,  to bring the hull down meeting him in Vero Bch.to pick it up.  I agreed and called HIS bank along with going to my bank to reinstate the check.  Another check needed to be issued.  He told me that he needed the money to make his truck payment(s) and wanted me to overnight a check since his bank wouldn't take my credit card, nor would Thomas70 because he told me he didn't want to have to pay the credit card fees.  He never mentioned his truck payments bounced because of that nor did his bank.  He only said he needed the money to make his truck payements that were due.  It wasn't mentioned till he posted on here.  I immediately overnighted a check to him which he cashed that day upon receiving it.  Regardless, if that is why he's keeping the money he should call me and discuss those fees if he had any and I would not have a problem working that out with him.  But, not returning my calls requesting the money back or allowing me to get the hull is wrong!  

So are you saying, MY BAD, and he should just keep the money because he was relying on my $1000 to make his truck payments even before the hull been given to me?  I'll give him his "bounced check fees" if there are any.  Show me proof but give me the rest of my money back or the hull after that.  I was looking forward to rebuilding an AS and this experience has about put an end to that desire!

What about his quote above saying that he would return the money?  I did file a Fraud report yesterday with the local Police Dept. and they also agreed.  I told them about the first check being stopped which made no difference to them.

GW204, what do you mean he owes me nothing?  I paid for a hull? He should keep the money and not give me the hull?  $1000 for bounced check fees?

Rick, I don't know if anyone else has had any problems with him.

That's funny Laz you told me someone stole your wallet and police badge out of your car and you cancelled your credit cards but not the check. Why would I hold a personal check from someone I don't know and haul a boat to N.C. give you a title then come home deposit the check only to find out it was no good ? Which you never offered too repay the returned check fees from you check, you just demanded me too send you a check. I sold you a boat in Md and delivery was not my responsibilty, I did offer too bring it to N.C. and visit with my mother, I even rented a condo to stay for the weekend only for you too call and give me a story why you could not come get it, which I see you did not volanteer the story. I can't imagine someone making up a story like that. Then after 3 weeks and all of the previous buyers I had had moved on, you wanted me too give you your money back on a boat you purchased knowing where it was. I waited so long too refund your money becuase I wanted too be positive your check was not coming back again, I have done alot of business with and helped alot of people on this forum and others and have not screwed anyone.

March 16, 2009, 10:32:31 AM
Reply #21

Laz

• Information Offline
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »
It takes a month for the check to clear?  I sent it too you overnight mail.  The next day you cashed it you would have known then if it wasn't any good!

What's your explanation for the gentleman who bought the crossbow from you on January 5th and has yet to receive it?  How may calls and e mails from him have you not returned giving him an explanation as to why you kept his $400?  In your classified post for the bow you already had purchased the bow for your father but found that it was too heavy or something like that.  I know, you were holding onto it because you were waiting for his certified check to clear!

Have a nice day Aaron!!  

Ever in Fl. stop by and see me!

Tom

January 26, 2010, 09:47:26 AM
Reply #22

Skoot

• Information Offline
Holly S#!T Mint looking 22-2
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 09:47:26 AM »
EDIT:19 December 2010 Begin Thread 2 Part 1:

I was bored at work so I went on Crackslist searching for Aquasports and look what I found.  Only 2 pics, but from the 2 she appears to be in excellent condition. I spoke with the owner and he's owned the boat since new in 1976.  Its a 1975 boat has the original cooler seat and cushions throughout. Original Badging, Soilid, no soft spots, Clear windshield. No bottom paint. Stored under cover and drystorage.  All I know is that it looks and sounds nice, might be a jem.

Im not affiliated with this guy but he keeps getting calls from brokers and does not want to deal with them.   I told him I would post it on this site for him so if you get his answering machine, Tell him Scott from Largo told you to call.

Someone from here better jump

See below, gran398 scooped it up.
Scott

1975 19-6 - 90hp Tohatsu

January 26, 2010, 01:54:15 PM
Reply #23

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: Holly S#!T Mint looking 22-2
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »
Scott,
Thanks for the heads-up. I've been looking one for a while now. He's sending more pics. Will keep u posted.

Thanks!

January 27, 2010, 09:08:29 PM
Reply #24

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 09:08:29 PM »
SOLD. Somebody bought it.

Me!!!!!!

I am so darn excited, I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. Kudos to my friend Skoot for digging out this jewel. It was purchased new by the owner in 1975. Always ran twins. Started off with twin 60 Johnsons, a set of Evinrudes, and now the new Merc 75's.

This gentleman built a home on Marco Island in 1974, bought this boat in '75. When he built his home on Marco, he made the garage 2 feet longer in order to store this boat. He has always summered at his home in Cape Cod. So, for 3 1/2 months, every year for the last 35 years, this boat was placed in the garage all summer long at his home in Marco.

When it wasn't in the garage, it stayed covered on the lift. All original cushions, badging, Aqua flip seat, bow dodger, hawses, cleats, lights, console, etc. everything original. I'm still pinching myself.

Just like Skoot's 19-6, same condition, just longer. When i get her up here to NC, will post pics.

Some more good news: I am no longer a pretender/lurker, I'm a full-fledged card-carrying Classic Aquasport owner!!!

Thanks again Skoot!!

WOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

January 27, 2010, 09:21:24 PM
Reply #25

Marcq

• Information Offline
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 09:21:24 PM »
:cheers:  :cheers: Looking forward seeing more pictures

Marc..
1979 170 Aquasport 70hp Evinrude

January 28, 2010, 05:37:13 AM
Reply #26

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 05:37:13 AM »
Quote from: gran398
SOLD. Somebody bought it.

Me!!!!!!

Some more good news: I am no longer a pretender/lurker, I'm a full-fledged card-carrying Classic Aquasport owner!!!

WOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATS   :thumright:  :thumleft:  :thumleft: Kinda like finding an old Vette in a little ole ladies barn covered with a tarp....
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

January 28, 2010, 07:26:04 AM
Reply #27

slvrlng

• Information Offline
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 07:26:04 AM »
Congrats! Like I told skoot there ain't nuthin like lookin' in the mirror and all ya see is bow!
Especially a classic Aquasport one!!
Too bad skoots already using the Time Capsule name!
Lewis
       1983 222 Osprey "Slipaway"
       1973 19-6 "Emily Lynn"

January 28, 2010, 11:49:00 AM
Reply #28

GoneFission

• Information Offline
  • Mechanical Master
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
Way to go G3!  Nice boat, and the twin 75s should be very nice - economical when trolling on one engine, and also the confidence of twins so you can get back if one coughs up a hairball...    :puker:  

Now you just have to plan the road trip to pick her up.  The way I figure it, it's about 8-10 beers from Wilmington to Marco Island.   :lol:   Check the trailer wheel bearings before you make the trip back - I would probably repack the grease in the bearings just to be on the safe side - it's probably been a while since the trailer was on the highway.  Don't forget to take the cushions and canvas off for the trip back, as bad weather and canvas flapping in the wind can really mess them up on a longer trip at highway speeds.  :wink:  

Welcome to the esteemed and respected  :roll:  group of Aquasport owners!  

See ya on the water!
Cap'n John
1980 22-2 CCP
Mercury 200 Optimax 
ASPA0345M80I
"Gone Fission"
ClassicAquasport Member #209

January 28, 2010, 01:04:58 PM
Reply #29

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 01:04:58 PM »
Thank you all very much for the congrats and warm welcome.

I can't wait to get it, and post some pics.

Cap'n John, it has no trailer. So either need to rent one, buy one, or....have a semi bring it up here. There is a boat transport co. around here, cked with him, looks like it would run 11 to 1200 bucks. Need to figure it out, but I'd prob spend 350 in gas or so, there and back, plus missing work...so, gonna think it over. Also, its fully insured by the transport co. till its delivered.

Thoughts?

Thanks again all!!

G3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal