You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 246 FF project....tell me i'm crazy so i can move on  (Read 615 times)

October 13, 2017, 09:08:14 PM
Read 615 times

tblvabeach

• Information Offline
246 FF project....tell me i'm crazy so i can move on
« on: October 13, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »
Alright, so I owned a 246 FF in the late 90's and regret selling it for new and bigger things.  Been a while since I've owned a boat and the itch to get back in is killing me.  I'm looking for a 246 FF.  Found one but its a project.  Basically a barn find kept indoors and sitting over a couple decades.  Should be able to pick it up for a few hundred.  I know this is still a top down project.  I've never touched a project boat and all I would know comes from this site or other reading.  I have patience, time, and money to do this but the skill and know how freaks me out.  In addition this would be sitting in my backyard so I would need a better plan as far as a working location.  Tell me I'm crazy, nuts, and need to move on to a different boat.  My heart wants to do this but my brain is telling me NO WAY DUDE!  I'd be okay with picking up the boat and having a pro get her right but have no idea what costs I'd be looking at there.  Thanks for any feedback.

October 14, 2017, 08:33:40 PM
Reply #1

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
Re: 246 FF project....tell me i'm crazy so i can move on
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:33:40 PM »
The FF is a great early "cuddy" model and your "goal" boat is a model that has a huge area in the aft plus there is a place to hide in a storm.  The next generation of the Aquasport cabin boat was the Express Fisherman and then the Explorer models. These models have a "cabin" that you can step into and an option was a porta-potty (maybe an option on the FF).
Welcome back to the Aquasport family
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal