Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: trailer evaluation  (Read 3602 times)

March 07, 2014, 10:49:17 PM
Reply #15

wingtime

• Information Offline
    • http://50newtmotorclub.shutterfly.com/
Re: trailer evaluation
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 10:49:17 PM »
Quote from: "Bergertime"
I purchased a two speed Fulton winch (F2)

Bruce, About your Fulton F2 winch.  Does yours have the ability to shift the handle from high gear, to low gear and then Neutral?  If so be careful.  I love my F2 winch and it made loading my 245 Explorer much easier. But I had some trouble with it.  While we were scalloping last year I was loading the boat onto the trailer and the handle popped out of low gear into neutral and the boat slid back a foot or so.  I thought it was strange but no big deal.  Then it happened again.  So I sent a email to Fulton about it.  The response they sent back was I needed to be sure I was cranking the straight to prevent it from shifting into neutral.  Well OK.  So I was careful... and it still happened while Amy was winching the boat... NOT good!  Finally it happened again... this time the ratchet broke and the boat almost slid all the way back into the water!  :shock:   So I emailed Fulton again .  This time it was a full on "nastygram" and I linked the previous emails about the problem.  They said send the winch back them in Wisconsin with proof of purchase. This was in December.  I finally got around to sending it back a few weeks ago.  I got a call that they received it and they would inspect the winch... then nothing for a week or so.  I sent a email Monday asking for a update.  The same person I had been talking to responded that they replaced the part and here is the FedEx tracking number.  I tracked the package and it was shipped from Florida.  HUH?  It arrived yesterday...  I open the box and it is a new winch.  Sweet!  So get this...  I send an email asking them if there was anything I can do to prevent the problem from happening again.  The response I get back is "we made a design change to the winch. In some instances the winch can pop out of gear into neutral, so we removed the neutral position"  Ummmm you think!?!?!  This came from the same clown that told me I was using the winch wrong!   So if your winch has the neutral gear position be careful with it.... or maybe you should contact Fulton.
1998 Explorer w/ Etec 250

1987 170 w/ Evinrude 90

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal