Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Trailers

I need a good roller trailer and have to buy it down in FL.

(1/4) > >>

Ben87:
Any suggestions?  I need a roller trailer for all the ramp configurations and tidal changes here in MA.  I need to buy the trailer somewhere near Dania which is somewhere north of Miami on the east side of FL and some of you may know where it is much better than I do since I don't really know Florida at all.  

So far I am considering an EZ-Loader, any other roller trailer brands down there I might consider?

LilRichard:
Try Continental... I would say Performance but they just went out of business.

I think Magic-Tilt might be around here too...

Ben87:
I know Continental only makes bunk trailers and found out that NO aluminum trailers are made with rollers due to them being more fragile, so I heard.  My search is on.  Dusky sells the continentals set up for their boats but I need rollers for sure.

JimCt:
Couple of thoughts...

When you get down to Fl to pick up the boat, set aside some time to have the new trailer checked out thoroughly before the boat's loaded on.  Have the hubs pulled to confirm the bearings are correct, seated properly and packed with the proper grease.  Brakes should be checked to be sure the calipers are retracting and the actuator is the correct type for whichever type brakes it has.  If you don't already have one, it'd be a good idea to pick up one of these to keep an eye on tire/hub temp:

Lastly, remember the insurance.

LilRichard:
Damn, didn't know continental only made bunk trailers... going to shut my pie hole now...

:oops:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version