Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Classified

Caveat Emptor

(1/39) > >>

Laz:
EDIT: Below are edited/merged threads by the Forum Moderator; 19 December 2010

For those Members who wish to buy (or sell) on the internet, please take time to read through (if you haven't already) this collection of posts (two threads). They illustrate how a "sweet deal" can go sour in a hurry.

First off, I'm not posting these as a knock on the members mentioned. Their misfortune can and probably has visited many of us in the past but rather as a guideline for any and all members searching for that dream Aquasport. I hope it also encourages members to utilize the limited but informational resources we have on this Forum concerning these classic boats and to feel free to ask for help in making any kind of purchase or installation. I can only speak for myself but I honestly feel there are many other members that would respond in kind, that I will be more than happy to visit a prospective "find" in my area and offer a thorough evaluation of same.

Above all, use common sense and your better judgment no matter how hard it pulls at your emotional heartstrings.

Good luck and remember half the fun is in the hunt. :thumleft:

PS.... If anyone has mixed feelings about these posts or comments, please PM me and I'll respond to your concerns.
Thanks.
Capt. Bob :mrgreen:

Begin edited/merged threads.  :salut:

A few weeks ago I purchased, or thought I had, a 75 hull from Thomas70 on this forum.  I sent him the money and worked out an arrangement with him to have the boat delivered to me here in Fl.  Originally I was going to go up and get the boat but things didn't work out.  So, I called him to cancel the purchase and this is when he offered to bring the boat to me.  He said he had to run to Vero to pick up another boat and I was assuming it was worked related since he says he owns Anderson Yacht Co. on Conowingo, Md.  He told me that he was waiting for the owner of that boat to get the check and that he was planning on coming to Fl. this weekend and I would be able to meet him in either Vero Bch. or outside of Tampa.  In the meantime, he cashed the check I sent him for the boat.  I have been calling and texting him but he has yet to return either.  

I'm hoping at this point that Mr. Aaron Anderson, Thomas70, maybe got into a car accident explaining why he hasn't called me.  If anyone on this forum or the ClassicMako forum knows how I might get in touch with him I would appreciate it.  

Maybe I misunderstood him about coming into Fl. this weekend with the boat for me.  If I have, my bad!  But, I would think a return call would be nice to let me know one way or the other.

If any one has any suggestions or any means as to how I would be able to get in touch with him, I would appreciate the info.  Feel free to give me a call @727-515-3416.  I like to not think that I'm out the $1000 that I paid him for it.  

Thomas70, if you read this please call me so that I can make other arrangements to get the hull or my money back!

Thomas70:
Tom I told you I was waiting for the buyer to get a check from the bank to send to the seller of the boat in Vero. He did not get that squared away yet, I told you I thought I was coming but not positive, I wound up going to Michigan to pick up a boat for a customer I left friday mornig and got home late last night, with my phone laying on the counter where I had mistakenly left it friday morning. I do not appreciate this, I had a place lined up in N.C. and ready to leave to bring you the boat before when you called me the day before and cancelled. Then you stopped payment on the check and my truck payments got returned. I do this stuff for a living and am not in the business to rip people off. The sale of this boat was not with the stipulation I deliver it anywhere, and I turned away other buyers becuase I had already spoke with you and you told me you would take it, maybe prematurely on your part. I will send your money back to you this week.
Aaron Anderson

Laz:
Update, I have yet to receive the money like you said.  I text you last week and you said it was sent out on Wednesday.  It has been one week since you said you sent it and the money has yet to arrive.  You have now posted the boat back on CraigsList for sale and have not answered any of my other messages requesting the money or allowing me to make other arrangements to get the boat hull.  I am curious as to how you can attempt to sell the boat hull when I have yet to receive my money?  Either send me the money or call me so I can get the hull.  I would appreciate a call ASAP!

Laz:
Continuing, I got a text from Thomas70 last Thursday while he is in Cabo...probably spending my $1000, that the check was left on his wife's secretarys desk and wasn't sent out.  However, it was supposed to have been sent out that day.  Figured should have arrived today... it didn't!

Reason I'm posting all this is too show you that just because someone is all over these sites and you think they're trustworthy, they may not be.  This gentleman owns a business, has posted all over this site and ClassicMako and look what I'm going through.  He continues to tell me he is sending the money but I haven't seen it yet.  I have other options, legal, that I can pursue but I was just hoping to resolve it before it were to get to that point.

Laz:
So, I gave Mr. Anderson another opportunity to send me the money.  After he sent me the text saying his wife put it on the sec's desk and forgotten about that it got sent out that Friday had never arrived.  Again, I've tried calling Mr. Anderson, Anderson Yacht in Conowingo, Md., and his cell number goes straight to voice mail.  Sure he is call screening me.  Sent two texts along with e's to him which also weren't replied.  I have simply told him that the check didn't arrive and again, if he doesn't want to send me the money to allow me an opportunity to get the hull.  At this point not sure it exists even though it's posted on CraigsList (Delaware listing).  I haven't gotten any response from him.

I will be filing a police report locally since once he posted the boat for sale on CraigsList again this went from a civil matter to a criminal matter, Intent to Defraud.  After that, I will hand deliver a copy to the Howard County Police Dept. in Conowingo and stop by Mr. Anderson's Yacht Company to personally meet him.  

I do like his post above where he mentions, "I do this stuff for a living and am not in the business to rip people off."  So far, that's exactly what he is doing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version