Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Rendezvous/Gatherings

Tarpon Springs camp out

(1/2) > >>

RickK:
Hi all,
We're going to be camping in the Anclote area starting Friday Nov 6.  Not quite sure where exactly we'll be but we won't be too far from the pass back into the ramp.  Probably around some of the islands off the coast.

If you're in the area and want to stop by and say  :s_hi: look for 3 Explorers barged up.  Hope to see some of you out there.

Capt. Bob:
Are there still sponges down that way? :ScrChin:

RickK:
Don't know about the sponges but it's supposed to be real nice there both on the water and in town.
We're heading up/down there on Friday, if anyone is in the area Saturday and wants to swing by we'd love to meet you and share a beer/soda with you.
Weather's supposed to be nice too.

CLM65:
Sounds like fun, Rick!  Not too far from me, but unfortunately I will be on the other coast visiting family this weekend.  Have a great time!

Capt. Bob:
Didn't take too many photos but hope to return next spring.

Rick's motor was running a little warm at first so exploring was held to a minimum but it looks like a great place to camp, fish and of course drink.

A little bouncy the first night.

Next day was great.

We anchored up on this bar which may or may not (or is poorly located) exist on my Garmin charts. :shrug:
I assumed it was a shoal that appeared after the last update. Interesting.

Saturday night we dropped the hook in the river in a small cove just south of the docks. A lot of high end housing along this portion of the river.

Sunrise Sunday morn.

Motoring by the docks Sunday heading toward the ramp.

Dave's boat didn't make it down this trip (didn't need my hard hat) due to trailer malfunction/delayed repairs but we'll meet up again in May. The ramp at the state park is not bad and plenty of trailer parking. The current (when the power plant is pulling cooling water) can be swift but is very calm when they don't so it's just timing. My homemade trailer guides worked well so I can't complain and it's about an hour closer to Tally for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version