Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Aquasport Resources

1986 part i cant identify

(1/1)

Lrolda01:
Hi guys please help me try to identify this part for my boat i would like to replace both sides. It runs along the two sides and has the rod holders on it. What is the official name of it and where would i be able to find them. thanks in advance. Let me know if you need a better picture to show the location of the part.

Capt. Bob:
I would call it the "gunnel cap" based on its location and for lack of a better name. I'm guessing this was not an "off the shelf" product (though it could very well be) but rather a formed piece in the factory specific to the different Osprey models. I'll guess again and say there may be wood insert/core underneath it. It may be rotting after all these years and need re-coring.

It appears in fair shape. Why replacement?

RickK:
Maybe gunnel cap insert?

Lrolda01:
Thanks guys for the response reason why i am looking to replace is that both are broken and wont be long before they really break completely. It looks like the previous owner tried to place a piece of wood under one of them but just made it worse as the screws they used going up in to the gunnel can be seen from the top.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version