Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Trolling Motors and Kickers

170 trolling motor shaft lenght

(1/2) > >>

alandry100:
Wondering if anyone has had experience with a 54" shaft on a 170. I know the consensus is that a 60" shaft is best .. but if someone were to find a good deal on a shorter one is it ok?

CTsalt12:
Yeah I’ve got one.  It’s fine.  On rough days if you’ve got a 2 ft chop while using spot lock
It will come out of the water, yes.  It’s not prohibitive or a deal breaker IMO.  Did you post this question on a Facebook group too?

alandry100:
Thanks for the info - I did not post on facebook - but ... there is an Aquasport facebook group?

Capt. Bob:

--- Quote from: alandry100 on January 14, 2020, 08:33:41 AM ---Thanks for the info - I did not post on facebook - but ... there is an Aquasport facebook group?

--- End quote ---

Not associated with this Forum.

There is one for the Boat Club site.

boatnamesue:

--- Quote from: alandry100 on January 14, 2020, 07:10:27 AM ---Wondering if anyone has had experience with a 54" shaft on a 170. I know the consensus is that a 60" shaft is best .. but if someone were to find a good deal on a shorter one is it ok?

--- End quote ---

I have minn Kota 52” on my ‘76 170, mounted on 1/2” blocks.....plenty of shaft, including rough seas.  A 60” shaft on a 170 would stretch nearly have the length of hull and hang way over the rail when stowed....way too much shaft.  The 22-2’s mount the 60”.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version