Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Anchors, Power Anchors (Power Pole and Talon) and Windlass

Retrofit my 1999 Aquasport 215 Explorer with an anchor pulpit?

(1/4) > >>

davedimension:
Greetings from SF Bay
This past January I acquired an Aquasport 215 Explorer. I am doing some modifications: already added a kicker motor, replaced broken tach, and some other minor things. Wanting to add a good system for deploying and retrieving the anchor. Right now there is an anchor locker accessed through a flush hatch in the bow, but there is no provision for using the Danforth, chain, and rode stored within. The hatch is fairly close to the point of the bow, and the small forward running lights are located dead center where I'd like to mount an anchor pulpit with windlass. Are there after-market pulpits that will fit the type of bow I have, or will this involve custom work? Any ideas will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
DC

RickK:
Hi Dave,
The pulpit on my 230 is a bolt-on and was built to fit over the anchor locker hatch that was in the cap mold.  The nav light was moved to the front of the pulpit.
I think it would be pretty easy to replicate.

I think the entire hatch area acts as the receiver for this bolt-on.

I switched the Danforth to a plow type - a bad-azzed anchor.

davedimension:
Yes Rick,
Thanks: this is exactly what I envisioned.  Is it an Aquasport product or after-market?  Where can I find one of these?  And, finally, do you deploy and retrieve the anchor by hand, or is there a windlass hidden somewhere?  I was thinking of a windlass because it seemed like it could be a dicey situation to need go forward to hand-pull or deploy an anchor in rough conditions...
Cheers,
DC

RickK:
The pulpit was a factory option - you can tell by the railing that is out on the pulpit.  I would think that you could get someone to build a pulpit for you - it would be custom for your model.  I'm not sure it the pulpits were made at the factory or if they outsourced them.

About 5 years after I purchased the boat I decided to add a windlass - one of the best decisions and purchases I made for the boat.

davedimension:
Thanks for the informative replies.
Your windlass looks like the Lewmark Profish 700.  Correct?
That is the one I'm considering for my 215 Explorer.  How has this winch held up over time?
DC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version