Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Aquasport Resources

Fuel Tank Dimensions

(1/6) > >>

Aswaff400:
Mod Edit: Members often ask for tank dimensions when contemplating an install of a new fuel tank either during a rebuild or for a replacement of a failed tank. There is another thread in this Resource forum dealing with tank capacity. This one will be for actual shape dimensions. Please feel free to add to this database either by actual measurement or fabricator cut sheet when installing a new tank.
Thanks everyone.

this is moellers tank diagram for the '04 200 osprey, the dimensions match the tank in my '96 200 osprey, which is a 50 gallon tank...

imonna 19 6:
Mod Edit: Please note this information is for a rectangular tank mounted in a 1979 19-6. The member replaced an above deck tank that the PO was using and mounted his new tank in the factory coffin below deck. He took measurements of the tank coffin and had the tank built to fit allowing maximum size.

helllo all,

i drove to Bristol RI today to pick up my new tank.  I have to give Luthers welding an honorable mention.  the tank was exact on all specs, on-time, clean, made to order.  I am very happy.

I test fitted it into the coffin with the lid on and its a perfect fit.

ultimately i got a 43 gallon tank
1 1/2 OD fill'
5/8 OD vent
Ground tab
the dimensions are 63 3/4 by 21 1/2 by 7 1/2.

Skoot:
Mod Edit: 1975 19-6.
Please note that member altered the stock dimensions to fit his needs. Any tank fabricator should be able to do the same.

Okay, I got the dimensions of the Tank, Fill, Vent, Sender and Pickup.  I hope it makes sense.

Since Im getting a new tank should I have them make the Vent, Fill and Ground with the same B measurements(see below) instead of the current configurations? Or leave as is?

Let me know if you need anything else

Got the drawing from RDS website, then filled in my measurements.

Miguel:
Here is the one I had built for my 1985 170. It's made of 1/8" marine aluminum plate, the coal tar epoxy coated.

L = 57.5"
W = 20.25"
H =6.125"

Hope this helps.

Skip:
Mod Edit: 1986 200 Osprey

The tank is 64 L x 21.5 W x 8 H.  The fill, vent, & fuel locations are side by side about 30" from the front and the electric sender is about 16" from the aft end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version