Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

General Aquasport Forums > Chum

The future of robotic manufacturing

<< < (2/2)

DOCREED:
You were correct.  Greer it was.

obxdiy:
Howdy people!

This is my first post, thought I'd throw out something useful before I start poking around for my neutral safety switch issue on my 19887 170 Aquasport center console.

I own a Makerspace in Kitty Hawk, NC called OBXDIY, I'm a software engineer w/a lot of background in electronics and manufacturing electronics, and we have 3D printers and CNC Routers here in our facility that we leverage.  Right now I'm printing parts with a 3D printer that'll...make another 3D printer ;)

Anyways, I just got this boat in early spring and the plan is to print or machine a lot of new parts for her like the console overlays, cooler clips, cup holders, etc., etc.  It's painful doing 3D modeling after work if you just finished 8 hrs in front of a PC slinging code, so it may take 10 years to get the first part out haha.  If I make some cool stuff, I'll post it for sure. 

Another thing we are doing at the OBXDIY Makerspace:  melting blocks of UV-resistant HDPE plastic into blocks that we can machine with the CNC router.  I'm excited about that because it floats and it's very strong, the possibilities are limitless.  We will be using that HDPE soon in our underwater drone project if all goes according to plan.

Ciao for now.

RickK:
That's cool.  Welcome aboard.

mshugg:
Looking forward to seeing your work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version