Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Row boat repair  (Read 592 times)

September 28, 2005, 10:41:07 AM
Read 592 times

Keith Knecht

• Information Offline
    • http://MinnowsandMonsters.com
Row boat repair
« on: September 28, 2005, 10:41:07 AM »
Ok, I'm starting little before I tackle a real rebuild of an Aquasport.  Couple of questions.  I have a fiberglass row boat that has a bad transom that I'm rebuilding for my daughter.  I've already ground out the glass and removed the old plywood.  I've cut two pieces of plywood to replace the rotted stuff.  What is the best way to glass these pieces back into the hull.  Should I put screws into the two pieces to hold them together? If so, should I put some resin or epoxy between the two pieces before screwing them together?  Then should I glass the whole assembly before glassing it back in the boat?  Or should I glass the first piece to the skin of the hull and then what is the best way to glass in the second piece.  I'm thinking about countersinking the outside skin and running a lot of stainless screws into the plywood to pull it up against the outside skin and them laying another piece of cloth over the screw heads.  If I do it that way should I use Cabosil between the plywood and the old skin or just resin and should the pieces be installed as a unit or one at a time.  Again should I glass the two pieces first or after they are screwed in.  Thanks  :D  in advance for any help I can get, and my daughter thanks you too!

Keith[/img]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal