You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: New here but not really?  (Read 559 times)

July 11, 2009, 03:04:57 PM
Read 559 times

222 ccp dgraf

• Information Offline
New here but not really?
« on: July 11, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »
Well I guess it is time to join the crowd. Been on here reading for awhile and now am letting my self known. I have a 1988 222 ccp that is a total wreck that I am doing a full resto on. I am well into it now. Think it was a hurricane boat or maybe rolled down a freeway or something....its bad! Once I figure out the picture thing ill put some photos up but don't laugh! It is a bare hull now. I'm on lake Erie and have had my share of boats...yes Gradys, Pursuits, Tiara's and can honestly say for what is known as the roughest lake to boat on no boat this size has ever impressed me as much as the 222ccp. Now considering I can't afford a Contender, Regulator, or an Edgewater which are awsome but not at my budget. I am glad to be here and can promise other boats might come and go but this 222 is going no where.......besides I have way to much in it allready.

July 11, 2009, 08:57:57 PM
Reply #1

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
Re: New here but not really?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »
Welcome aboard 222 ccp dgraf  :!:  :!:
The CCP guys are always ready to help so fire those questions at 'em.
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

July 12, 2009, 10:01:20 AM
Reply #2

Tosty

• Information Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:01:20 AM »
Welcome aboard. I too have had my share of boats. I'm also a Northlander over in Wisconsin on Lake Michigan and the A.S. boats are awsome hull.

July 14, 2009, 11:21:37 PM
Reply #3

Hardwater

• Information Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »
Hey dgraf, welcome - another Great Lakes Aquasport :!:

First off - never any laughin' at a CCP...definitely a worthwhile rehab project.  It'll be interesting to watch.   Member bdstr has a '78 200 CCP that he's working on, and kaptainkoz has the same ('78 200 CCP) that he's treated to some very nice work.  Have at it - and remember the update pics.

Mine came from northern Minnesota - with a (sorta, kinda) Lake Erie connection.  Hauling it home last year, I stopped for gas north of St. Cloud.  A guy that had been following me a while pulled in, hopped out of his truck, looked over the boat and said (along the lines of) 'I thought that was an Aquasport CCP.  I spent a lot of time fishing walleye on Lake Erie in a 222 on days bigger boats were back at port.'  Spent about 20 minutes talking with him about fishing Lake Erie.  He claimed it was a great boat in a 3'-4' walleye chop  :D

We're headin' back to Lake Superior early August for another shot at salmon and lake trout between Castle Danger and Knife River on the North Shore.  Even if nothins doin' - what a way to spend a long weekend.

Looks like it's time for another CCP owners list update to add JoseGaspar, plumbobber, hooked up, Ideal and you :thumright:  (Hope i'm not forgetting anyone - please email if I am.)
\'86 222 CCP
\'88 Mercury 200hp Black Max

July 14, 2009, 11:42:05 PM
Reply #4

JoseGaspar

• Information Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 11:42:05 PM »
dgraf, welcome aboard.  I had a similar experience to hardwater recently.  I was heading home through Hurricane Pass and had just turned south on the intercoastal and saw something bobbing in the water.  Two teens who swam across the main channel with their gear in a garbage bag on a kids ring float.  Just as I got them on board, a Pinellas County Sheriff pulled up and asked what was going on.  After a brief explanation, he said..."Hey is that an Aquasport 250 CCP?"  I replied yes and he commented on how much he liked the lines of the boat.  

I never new when I bought my 250 CCP that I was joining an "elite" group, but I'm glad I did.  Welcome and good luck with the rebuild.

JG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal