You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 85 Aquasport ccp  (Read 1144 times)

May 26, 2008, 12:25:42 AM
Read 1144 times

Lynch156

• Information Offline
85 Aquasport ccp
« on: May 26, 2008, 12:25:42 AM »
I have a center console 25 foot and it has drain holes at the back on the floor and it drains out the side but it looks like the drain is under the water line it has no shut off valves it looks like if i put the boat in the ater the water will just come right through the drains into the boat does anyone know about this Thanks Paul
I have a 1985 25ccp in Excellent condition but it needs a few things and some tlc hopefully i can find what im looking for from all you guys that have good knowledge of these boats Thanks

May 26, 2008, 07:19:41 AM
Reply #1

Capt. Bob

• Information Offline
  • Global Moderator
Re: 85 Aquasport ccp
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:19:41 AM »
Quote from: "Lynch156"
I have a center console 25 foot and it has drain holes at the back on the floor and it drains out the side but it looks like the drain is under the water line it has no shut off valves it looks like if i put the boat in the ater the water will just come right through the drains into the boat does anyone know about this Thanks Paul

Paul,
That's SOP for CCP's (don't you love acronyms).  :roll:
This works because the drains in the deck (under normal circumstances) are above the waterline (slightly) Head pressure forces the water out the drain.

You're right about the water entering the deck when you launch. Steep ramps (or excessive weight in the stern) will cause this to happen. After the boat clears the trailer and resumes its natural position, the water drains (as above) back out the above mentioned holes. :)

If this is a concern that you have, you can purchase expandable, rubber drain plugs at any marine/boat supply and place them in the holes before launch. They can stay in your whole trip if you don't take on much water ie, diving (re-entering the boat) rain, bathing, or waves breaking over the bow  :o.

This is a common question and is a part of the AS's allure  8)

Good luck and welcome aboard.
]
Capt. Bob
1991 210 Walkaround
2018 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke
"Reef or Madness IV"

May 26, 2008, 10:41:56 PM
Reply #2

Wayne'sWorld

• Information Offline
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:41:56 PM »
Paul,

I also have an '85 CCP, though mine's a 200.  Previous owner relocated the drains (or scuppers) so that they were no longer in the deck but were mounted on the vertical surface of the transom storage wells.  He left the holes in the deck from where the scupper fittings were removed.  Any water that comes over the bow goes right into the bilges!  I have to rely on the bilge pump to get it out.  Now I carry two sets of those rubber drain plugs, one set for the holes in the deck to keep the water out of the bilges and the other to plug the scuppers until I'm under way.  Have fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal