Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Engines & engine woes

New motor for 222 CCP

(1/1)

JamesMcgovern92:
Hey how’s it going everyone? I have an 87’ 222 CCP and finally getting to redo the transom. I put an order in for a new Suzuki 200 (wanted a 250 but can’t afford it) and it had the original 200 Yamaha which was a great motor. Just wanted to know if anyone has a 200 Zuke on the same boat and has and intel, speed, prop size fuel economy etc. thank you!

plugger:
Not exactly the same but I put a zuke 200 on a 205 osprey 25”shaft, came with a 3/16/20 prop
And hit all the spec right out of the box. No issue either the extra weight re: scuppers
Quick quiet efficient effortless cruising for me at 27-30 mph.
Not a wot guy

Woodeneye:
I'm not a WOT guy either and I don't get the whole fascination with "hole shot". I've got a Yammy 150 on my 83 222 CCP and I couldn't be happier. When you're out front in a bit of chop who wants to go faster than 25 knots anyway?? No teeth or vertebrae left any faster than that.

Capt. Bob:
I'll second the 150. Same motor I run on my 210 WAC which weighs more than the 222 CCP.

From the factory, my 84 was fitted with a 185 hp 2 stroker. I ran a 200 2 stroke on mine when I re-powered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version