You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Other Classic Rebuilds

1976 Proline Flatback Scooter Build

(1/12) > >>

Richiebe:
Hello everyone, well let me start by saying i have restored a couple 222 flatbacks and a 24 proline flatback. But on this build im going a completly different route and was told by many that this is the site for tips n tricks by  very knowledgeable people. So a couple years ago i was in texas and meet some guys who where taking the aquasports and prolines and cutting them down to make scooter style boats and i must say i liked them very well, so a couple weeks ago i found a 20ft proline flatback for cheap and well i grabbed it just for this build. The problem is i cant get in touch with those guys and i dont know what height i should cut it down to?  By memory i want to say it was like 9 or 10 inches from chine?  It has been a few years since i had my last 222 and i cant remember how deep the chine was underwater with a 200vmax, any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope to have this build completed in the next few months i will post pictures of the build as it progresses.

Richiebe:
Guess i should have added this will be a complete composite build , foam flotation, 8" wide box stringers and bulkheads and polyester resin as its not in the budget for epoxy.

mshugg:
Should Be an awesome build!  I'm looking forward to seeing your modifications.  Unfortunately, I can't help you with the waterline, but someone will chime in soon.  I think one of the 196 rebuilds showed a conversion to a flat's skiff.

Richiebe:
This is the style of boat im shooting for.

Richiebe:
Here is what i was thinking,  cut down to 13" following the chine lines of the boat with a rolled gunnel. A deck height of 12" leaving a 1" gunnel all the way around with notches at transom for any splash. No deck hatches other then bildge access which will be raised to the conture of transom. All storage ,baitwell, batteries, tackle boxes will all be in the raised console. Under floor fuel tank will be slightly forward, and baitwell will be in front of raised console to level the boat a little more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version