Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Fix right or rig it for the season?  (Read 389 times)

April 25, 2017, 06:22:32 PM
Read 389 times

Uncutproducts

• Information Offline
Fix right or rig it for the season?
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »
Was getting sick of tripping over 2 portable gas tanks in my '74 170. Issue is previous owner screwed and PL'd marine ply onto floor. She was solid and used all last season fine besides wife saying we need a bigger boat. Like an idiot I cut back ply to find gas tank hatch. Ended up ripping up entire floor. Do I just screw plywood back down and use all season or cut entire floor out and glass it in the right way? Planning on replacing in hull tank regardless, any sources for one or custom order only?

Need to figure out what to do with rigging as well. Want to get rid of the trough if I redo floor. Do I just use PVC pipe? If so, how to keep water out of it?

Thanks!

April 25, 2017, 10:30:54 PM
Reply #1

minionsram

• Information Offline
Re: Fix right or rig it for the season?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 10:30:54 PM »
I would say you are almost there. Keep going. Fix the coffin right, even if you have to wait for funds or tank the coffin would be done. You can always out the lid back on until you have a tank and some more downtime. Why you want to get rid of the trough? I love mine. Easy to work on wires, lines or cables without a big headache

April 26, 2017, 09:37:15 AM
Reply #2

Uncutproducts

• Information Offline
Re: Fix right or rig it for the season?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:37:15 AM »
Why you want to get rid of the trough? I love mine. Easy to work on wires, lines or cables without a big headache

Figured it'd be easier to finish with flat floor to sides without having to notch around the trough.

Going to cut the old floor out this weekend and gauge the shape of the stringers and transom. From what I can see there's no foam in there to deal with.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal