Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > 200 Rebuilds

'87 200 Osprey Fixer Upper Rebuild

(1/3) > >>

copacetic:
Let me introduce myself and my new girl. I'm Scott and the new girl's name is to be determined. I picked her up a little over a month ago and was going to put a 115 Johnson on and be done but the wife and I decided she would be so much prettier if we made her pretty again. I finally got to start taking things apart yesterday and so far things are looking good under the deck from what I can tell. The previous owner had replaced the fuel tank with a poly one all be it smaller than the original. I calculated it to be between 30-35 gallons. I am going to fill in all the holes in the console so I have a clean slate and the cooler seat is going to be replaced with hopefully a seat/bait well. Heres a few pics of what I'm working with.

Tampa Bay Mike:
Hey Scott! Nice to see a few 200s getting done right now. What's the plan with it?

copacetic:
Hey Mike how's it goin? Right now everything appears to be mostly cosmetic so the plan is to fix the spider cracks, new helm, address the cap on the top of the transom, rewire pretty much everything, figure out how I'm going to proceed with the leaning post seat, and get the console filled in so I can start fresh. We have a bluish grey color in mind for the hull and keeping the inside white with the grey non-skid unless we decide to go with the blue on the non-skid. I have a 2 stroke 115 Johnson that I plan for power. There is one spot on the port rub rail that feels like its been damaged in the past that I'm going to have to repair. The floor is solid everywhere except right in the center  of the console seat. From what I've read on here its possible that could be where the floor has seperated from the epoxy that bonds it. I'm hoping thats the case at least because thats the only spot I've found. The transom feels solid with the exception of the cap. I've already started the dremeling of the spider cracks and waiting on fairing compound to arrive.

What is opinions on keeping the gas tank thats there? It's obviously smaller than the original but seems to be in good shape and I'm planning on mostly near shore fishing. What's the average mileage with this setup?

So much info here it's just a matter of finding it lol

RickK:
A 2-stroke 115 should burn about 6 gal per hour at mid throttle - they are pretty efficient.

copacetic:
So I should be good with the smaller tank? We only plan on one or 2 day weekend trips to savannah for the most part unless we find our way to the gulf around cape san blass or port saint joe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version