You reached the limit of pages to see for today

General Aquasport Forums > Electronics

"The Patrick Level" Radar Mount

(1/2) > >>

Captain:
I know most of us on ClassicAquasport.com don't have vessels that require radar (although the devices have come down in price and are smaller than ever). However, having personally always been fascinated with radar, I had to check out The Patrick Level. It's an adjustable mount for radar. I write about it over in the blog.

Seadog:
That is COOL! Some of the best ideas are the simple ideas. Do those side flaps on the video level it side to side? Does it have a bubble level or do you level it by 'eye'?

Captain:
I don't know about the side-to-side level capability. From what I understand, the device will keep itself level (up & down) automatically.

Kudos to Capt. Pat for taking his idea and seeing it through to fruition. He told me he came up with the concept for the self leveling mount about a year ago. In that time he has applied for a patent, developed prototypes, and gone into production. Give it another year and I'm sure it will be a highly polished machine. Something tells me Raymarine, Furuno and others might come calling :lol: Cha-Ching!

captin.kid:
I need to find a way to mount a radar to my boat without a tower any ideas???

Argo:
get a velcro strap and wrap it around your head.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version