Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Aquasport 175 - Newbie with Questions!  (Read 188 times)

March 17, 2023, 09:26:40 AM
Read 188 times

LG Osprey

• Information Offline
Aquasport 175 - Newbie with Questions!
« on: March 17, 2023, 09:26:40 AM »
Hi all-

I recently acquired a 1995 Aquasport Osprey 175 with an 88 Evinrude. I have been boating my whole life, but mostly on inboard engines and sailboats. As a result I have general questions about outboards and Aquasports. Any and all input is appreciated, I realize these are some varied topics.

• Where would I look for any capacity or safety plates?
  • The boat has a raw-water wash down - I assume that is powered by an electric pump?
  • Any reason to NOT moor this boat on a Lake? Are there any concerns about long (2/3 week) unmonitored mooring?
  • I am going to tune up the ol' Evinrude (water pump/fuel pump/lubrication) - anything you may recommend that can be overlooked?
  • Any common 175/general 90's era Aquasport issues I should be on the look out for?

March 18, 2023, 05:58:01 AM
Reply #1

RickK

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
Re: Aquasport 175 - Newbie with Questions!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 05:58:01 AM »
 :welcome01: aboard LG  :nSalute:

2. If you look under your boat you should see something like this on the bottom of the hull offset from the center near the back

When you look in the bilge hopefully yours won't look like the bilge in my '92 230 Explorer

So many things wrong with this setup and I was warned of danger by our membership - the shutoff was plastic and could snap off - which it did when I tried to unscrew it from the through hull. If that had happened when out in the water, there would not have been anyway to shut it off.  A low volume pump was provided (maybe 700 gal per hour) for the washdown and also the baitwell (see the "y" installed).

This is what it looks like now.

I replaced plastic shutoff with a bronze ballcock, added good hose and also added a 5 gal/min washdown pump with strainer

3. As long as your boat is still self bailing (scuppers above waterline) and your bilge pump automatically comes on, you should be ok.
Rick
1971 "170" with 115 Johnson (It's usable but not 100% finished)

1992 230 Explorer with 250 Yamaha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal