You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: Explorer 275 2000  (Read 1612 times)

November 17, 2013, 09:21:53 AM
Reply #30

slvrlng

• Information Offline
Re: Explorer 275 2000
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 09:21:53 AM »
Quote from: "D'SHOW"
Well my good Aquasport friends. I chequed the engines and they are mounted on the second hole. But, did notice the bothe engines are mounted 3/4 of an inch towards port from center line. My 270 lists port. Could this be the problem and if it is could it be fixed?

That could be an issue!!!!

Famous THT quote "Looks tippy!"  would apply here. If they are truly offset that much the hull would constantly be trying to correct itself while moving through the water.

Pull motors, repair former holes, template, re-drill, re-mount.
Lewis
       1983 222 Osprey "Slipaway"
       1973 19-6 "Emily Lynn"

November 17, 2013, 10:09:14 AM
Reply #31

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 10:09:14 AM »
Not so fast Lewis, we need to know if the centerline was pulled from measurements off the deck or off the hull.  Reason being, decks can be moved all around the hull flange to make the 2 big parts fit together.  Rarely will you see the gaps between the deck flange and the hull flange the same from one side to the other.  Since the hull (keel) doesn't change regardless of how the deck fits/shifts/whatever, it is imperative that the centerline location be taken from hull measurements only.  While 3/4" is a lot, we still need to know where he took his measurements from.

There are typically 2 ways to find the center, providing the motors aren't hung yet.  One is to have a co-worker (or buddy) hold a straight edge up against the hullside.  Hold a tape measure against the straight edge, then make a mark that is evidently past the center.  Do the same from the other side of the hull, then split the difference.  The second way is to securely tape the end of a tape to the chine radius.  Hold a pencil securely against the tape an draw an arc such that somewhere in the middle of the arc, it crosses over the "estimated" centerline.  Do the same on the other side of the hull, where the 2 arcs intersect is your centerline.

With the engines in the way, obviously determining centerline is much more difficult.  A wood block cut into a right triangle with the angle opposite the height of the triangle being the deadrise angle would do it.  Hold the block up to the hull such that the very tip of the base if even with the keel, then take a square, align with the base, and draw a line straight up.

Corner of 520 and A1A...

February 23, 2014, 08:22:37 PM
Reply #32

D'SHOW

• Information Offline
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 08:22:37 PM »
Well, i am back. Did a few thing to de 2000 explorer. Its better but I still have problems. I got some tab indicators ( to benable to know exact position of tabs). I got bigger tabs and the difference helps alot. I also got more practice using the 275 and when going againsg the wages, i tilt the motors plenty up wich helps me eliminate the tilt problem. She eats the waves for brackfast. I love how she handles now. BUT, my God, for som reason i cant control her when I am going with the waves in the back. When driving with the waves a d the current, the deep vee seams to be terrible. I put my trims up, tilt some the eangines, but She is impossibble to hand. Little 21 footers pass me being all stable in the water and my boat tumbling from side to side. Is this normal????  Does anybody have any suggestions?

August 29, 2014, 10:07:36 PM
Reply #33

D'SHOW

• Information Offline
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 10:07:36 PM »
Hello. Still have problems with
The
275. Cant get her navigating well. Wondsring if over powered and big 4 blade props could be cousing this

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal