You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: Roll Over Issue Resolved  (Read 686 times)

October 30, 2008, 11:17:21 PM
Read 686 times

1986-222XF

• Information Offline
Roll Over Issue Resolved
« on: October 30, 2008, 11:17:21 PM »
I have an 86 222XF and had the same problem.  It is a natural characteristic of a single outboard vessel with a higher than normal deadrise.  The torque from the RH prop, combined with very little resistance of the deep vee allows the boat to roll to port, opposite of the prop rotation.  The only way to solve this is apply a very small amount of downforce on the port trimtab at higher speeds.  Boats with less deadrise or in the most extreme example, bay boats that are almost flat on the bottom will not experience this problem.  As odd as it seems that it should not happen at high speed, when the boat is on plane there's only about 1/3 of the bottom touching water.  That's the rearward section with the highest angle of deadrise.  I'm not an engineer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Cap't Don
If there\'s one thing in my life that\'s missing....it\'s the time I spend alone....sailing on the cool and clear blue water....

November 06, 2008, 11:41:05 PM
Reply #1

skiph98

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:41:05 PM »
Osprey has a low dead rise angle, fairly flat at the back. There is no deep V so the theory doesn't seem to apply here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal