Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Fuel tanks and anything about fuel systems

1996 Explorer DC 215 - Need to replace fuel tank

(1/1)

wilked:
Hello.  As I say I've got a 1996 215 DC Explorer.  We've been fighting water in the fuel tank since we bought it a few years ago.  The original fuel sender was heavily corroded and obviously letting water in (I wish I had seen that sooner).  It is a poly tank, ~100 gallons.  I replaced the sender with a new sender but the original metal 'sleeves' for the bolts were shot, so had to use self-tapping screws installed 15 degrees off the original.  I knew this was only a temporary solution and sure enough, a year and a half later back to fuel issues.

So...  I am strongly planning to get a 25 gal or so topside fuel tank so I can salvage the rest of the season and then replace the tank in the offseason.  I'd like to procure a tank in the meantime if at all possible as I gather there is some lead time associated (maybe 8-12 weeks). 

I believe it's either a 99 gal or 101 gal Moeller tank, but not sure.  I am going to get the exact dimensions of the coffin later today, but does anyone know offhand the dimensions of the coffin?  Particularly I am interested in depth.  Any way to ID it without ripping the coffin cover off so I can order a tank?

Thanks

RickK:
I think you mean 215 Explorer.  DC stand for a different model - a dual console that you can walk through to the front.

wilked:
It is a dual console - is that not the Explorer? 

It's basically this (not my boat, but very similar)

RickK:
No. The Explorer model is a cabin boat. Here is an Explorer

This is as Dual Console model from '97

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version