You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Cabin Models

Bow height question

(1/4) > >>

nestorpr:
Does anyone know the bow height (from the waterline) of a 215 Explorer?

rhtrades:
I have the same boat...i would say it's at least 4'.  On another note, how much water do you collect in your bilge after a day of boating on normal sea's?  I feel like I accumulate more than I should and not sure how it's getting in there....

nestorpr:
Thanks! I'm thinking of installing a trolling motor and am not close to the boat at this time.

As for the water, I noticed the same thing on my last trip where we were anchored for a few hours and upon returning to the ramp I noticed more water coming out of the garboard plug than usual. That worried me because the bilge pump doesn't have an automatic switch! I have no idea from where it's coming unless it's from around the plug or perhaps from the baitwell water inlet. I'm now modifying the boat to leave it in a boat slip and one thing I'm gonna do is put her in the water and try to observe both "inlets" and see if I can see any water coming in. To accomplish this I first have to install larger floor access panels which I have purchased to replace the useless 8" ports and which I plan to install next week. If I see anything I'll let you know.

rhtrades:
Thank you!.  I appreciate that.  Would be interested to know what you find out....i'm going out tomorrow with almost max capacity of people, so i'll be paying pretty close attention to my bilge. 
Your boat looks great by the way.... I also just repowered with the Suzuki 200....I'd love to eventually have it looking as good as yours. 

Capt. Bob:
Gentlemen,
One thing to consider might be that water is getting into the front bilge from the rear bilge. I'm not familiar with the stringer/bulkhead layout in the 215 but since it's really a Wellcraft hull and other model Wellcrafts share the same below deck designs with the Genmar era Aqua hulls it might drain fore to aft in the same manner. What that means is that water collected in the bilge flows down the centerline (keel) from front to back. As the boat moves through the water and rises and falls, water moves back and forth. Because the bow section is lower, water tends to collect there.

Does that model have a forward bilge pump?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version