Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > 246 Rebuilds

79 246 rebuild

(1/2) > >>

Blueline93:
It’s officially begun bought a local boat that was “redone” in 2015 previous owner had an issue with the livewell drain and essentially sunk half of it. I started this project knowing there was probably a lot of work to be done. That being said today I cut the floor out and got all the rigging and wiring out of the boat. The boat was done in 2015 by a shop in boca grande area and let’s just say their craftsmanship was terrible. There’s a section of stringer that they stripped the foam screwed some ou wood into and called it a day. As well as the 4 pieces of 3/4 plywood they used to raise the deck up and then they screwed the deck into the stringer. On a positive note the transom seems to be the one thing they did right so here we go. Also if anyone in the Florida area needs a tank I have a poly one I’ll be getting rid of for next to nothing.

RickK:
You mentioned something about "essentially sunk half of it". If the transom went under I'd want to make sure it's not wet.

Here is a tip for posting pix. You shouldn't attach - you're limited by file size and figuring out the right size makes the pix usually smaller than needed.
Follow the instructions here http://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?topic=12725.0 . Uploading them into your "member gallery" is better for viewing. When you upload you can upload full size and the system takes care of sizing them properly.
Spend a few minutes to absorb the instructions. It's really easy. Remember if using a phone to take pics, to hold the phone horizontal with the lens to the left.

Blueline93:
Yea truthfully I should probably just replace the transom I just don’t wanna create more work for myself if I don’t need and I’m really unsure how to do a transom properly

RickK:
We can help you there. You can drill some small test holes low in the transom to see if there is moisture in the wood that comes out and also if water starts dripping out of the hole.
You have all the help you need here on this site - just keep asking.

Blueline93:
That’s the truth. I appreciate it all l. If anyone wants to come over I pay in alcohol and friendship  :mrgreen:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version