Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Generic Aquasport Rebuilding Topics / Re: 1973 196 rebuild question
« Last post by umecheme on Today at 01:40:56 PM »
I'm rebuilding without the liner, but the hull sides do not have a ton of stability without the liner.  I put a layer of 1708 over the entire inside of the hull and that really stiffened things up, but now am obviously having to fair and sand everything to make it look nice again.
« Last post by Ulysses485 on Today at 01:05:51 PM »
Flathead screws are indeed the absolute worst! There are few different ways to rebuild these hulls to make them last as long as they did. What you have to ask yourself first is what type of finish do you want and what your intent is with the rebuild. If your looking for a nice finish inside, the liner will make it much easier not to have to fair/finish the inside of the hull after you tie the deck into it. However, when you cut the deck out and try to leave the liner, you'll want to tie the deck to the hullside to keep some structure. This will leave you with a liner that has to be re tabbed into the deck  so it has to be trimmed (assuming the deck is thicker or at least will be raised). The last option that I don't believe you see often is removing the liner as one piece (hoping it doesn't crumble)..and recoring it filliped upside down with divinycel, coosa, or other composite materials Check out my flatback thread and you will see what I mean. There are a LOT of rebuild threads on here to look over and many proper rebuilds to follow. Share some pics and it will really help with guiding in the process and perspective to answer any questions you may have.
« Last post by Duffy1470 on Today at 11:34:57 AM »
Thank you so much for your response.  unbolted the cap (flat head screws/bolts are the worst).  My plan is to throw away the liner or at least not put it back in.  I assume it was not structural?  Is that ya'lls understanding?

Other than Coosa or similarly priced materials or plywood, what other decking materials work.

Thanks in advance. 
Classified / Re: Found on CL Maine 1987 270xf
« Last post by umecheme on Today at 08:16:11 AM »
Thanks Rick!  You are a wealth of knowledge on this board!  Whatever it is, its too big for me to trailer!
Explorer Rebuilds / Re: 225 explorer to do list.
« Last post by Elduro21 on Today at 08:00:10 AM »
Good monring im new in here i have a question i have an explorer 225 1997. There is a drain pipe next to the batery location crossing by the stringer on it looks like is cloged i try to see if going tru but nothing. I would like to now if i can do a drilling that area or leaving like. There is a small amou t of water there
Classified / FOR SALE 1985 290 TM
« Last post by ryebonti123 on April 29, 2024, 11:10:30 PM »
Hi everyone. I have an 85 290 with 5.7s for sale. She's located in Center Moriches NY. Boat runs Very well. Last season she got NEW carbs, heat exchangers, raw water pumps, full exhaust, and a bunch of odd and end. She has a Solar charger that's not tied in, but is there. Windless, working fridge and stove. She has an older radar that's intermittent. She's wears her age well. I'd steam her 100 miles without thinking twice. I'm asking 8500. My cell is 631 786 0912. Ryan Thanks!
Aquasport Discussion / Re: 86 250ccp main fuel tank dimensions.
« Last post by pat nanney on April 29, 2024, 09:12:31 PM »
 i have  a good clean one has one small hole can be repair. location bradenton fla.

Paints, topsides and bottom and Gelcoat Topics / Re: Bottom Paint Advice
« Last post by Woodeneye on April 29, 2024, 09:06:14 PM »
+1 for Petit and blasting. I got mine soda blasted. Good result. Barrier coat? Not sure if it'll need doing. In theory the existing antifoul should be considerably softer that the barrier coat, so it should be apparent if the barrier coat is compromised or damaged.
Aquasport Discussion / 86 250ccp main fuel tank dimensions.
« Last post by jetfiremuck on April 29, 2024, 07:24:42 PM »
I think Ive a main tank leak. Hoping to get a poly tank to replace if possible. Anyone have the tank dimensions under the console ? TIA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal