Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Mechanicals - things that need a wrench, screwdriver or multimeter > Plumbing

Osprey 205 2001 Plumbing Issues

(1/1)

Cape Cod Mike:
Hello All:
I am a new owner of this 2001 beauty. I had previously owned a 15 foot whaler that did not have a live well, washdown or bilge so its all new to me.  I had a mechanic doing some work on the engine and he gave it a once over and told me that the bilge pump sounds like it works but we were in my driveway so not a real test.  I have a few questions.

The Y valve is frozen and I don't want to force it - any suggestions? I would like to be able to use the wash down and to a lesser extent the livewell.  If I need to replace the valve, where can I get one and are they standard size? This problem may be related to my next one....

The other question is that the fish boxes do not drain at all.  I had to use a siphon to get them to empty which is not convenient. 
Anyone who can give me a primer on how to use these and get them to empty?   I read a few posts here but they were talking about a different model so not sure it is the same design.

Much appreciate your advice.

Mike

Capt. Bob:

--- Quote from: Cape Cod Mike on July 27, 2022, 05:17:06 PM ---The Y valve is frozen and I don't want to force it - any suggestions? I would like to be able to use the wash down and to a lesser extent the livewell.  If I need to replace the valve, where can I get one and are they standard size?

--- End quote ---

Pick your poison.
https://www.defender.com/category.jsp?id=2234265&path=-1|51|2234261

plugger:
I had a 2002 for a while now, the fish box’s drain via a massarator pump, it’s a lousy set up . After two pumps failed I started hand pumping . Later when I re powered I had the pump removed altogether and since I rarely use it as a kill box it drains into the bilge.
If your pump is working plug one box at the end to increase the draw on the other.

Cape Cod Mike:

--- Quote from: Capt. Bob on July 27, 2022, 09:55:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cape Cod Mike on July 27, 2022, 05:17:06 PM ---The Y valve is frozen and I don't want to force it - any suggestions? I would like to be able to use the wash down and to a lesser extent the livewell.  If I need to replace the valve, where can I get one and are they standard size?

--- End quote ---

Pick your poison.
https://www.defender.com/category.jsp?id=2234265&path=-1|51|2234261

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: plugger on July 28, 2022, 10:25:48 AM ---I had a 2002 for a while now, the fish box’s drain via a massarator pump, it’s a lousy set up . After two pumps failed I started hand pumping . Later when I re powered I had the pump removed altogether and since I rarely use it as a kill box it drains into the bilge.
If your pump is working plug one box at the end to increase the draw on the other.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your response and advice!

Scode68:
Not sure which way you went but my 2001 215 sport has what looks to be a Bosworth Y valve.  It's frozen as well but it does have screws holding it together making me wonder if it can be taken apart for cleaning.
https://thebosworthco.com/products/productp.php?baseid=YV-094D-B

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version