Attention: Have 2 pages to see today

Author Topic: Seafood Bisque  (Read 3379 times)

December 15, 2011, 09:03:34 PM
Reply #15

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
    • http://www.ascottrhodes.com
Re: Seafood Bisque
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »
Absolutely.

Do it as above without the shrimp. Serve his...then throw in fresh chunked shrimp, cook three to five minutes more, serve all.

Looking forward to your report. Merry Christmas to you and your family Bill :rendeer:

December 26, 2011, 12:59:17 AM
Reply #16

bondobill

• Information Offline
  • West Coast
    • http://www.charliesautobodyinc.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 12:59:17 AM »
Scott my man you made me a frinking hero today. :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
Did your Seafood Bisque today it was totally amazing :salut:  :salut:  :salut:  :salut:  :salut:  :salut:
I figured for sure I would screw it up,but according to the family it was great
]Just a few of Scott ingredients

Scott , the son in law loved it even without the shrimp

Even my 84 year old mom...who I consider to be the greatest cook ever.....said it was amazing.  

Thanks again Scott for posting and keep them coming

Bill
1979 222 FF

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill

Bill

June 25, 2012, 11:09:23 PM
Reply #17

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:23 PM »
Guys, gonna cook up a big pot this weekend. Because of the $ involved...it is for sure a "holiday" treat.

But when you make it...and hopefully Bill will attest....it is the most popular dish at the party. And that makes it all the more worthwhile, serving family and friends.

June 26, 2012, 01:08:54 AM
Reply #18

bondobill

• Information Offline
  • West Coast
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 01:08:54 AM »
Quote from: "gran398"
Guys, gonna cook up a big pot this weekend. Because of the $ involved...it is for sure a "holiday" treat.

But when you make it...and hopefully Bill will attest....it is the most popular dish at the party. And that makes it all the more worthwhile, serving family and friends.

Scotty

It's been 6 months since we tried it and the family is still raving about it .
. :cheers:  :cheers:
I am waiting for dungee season to open in August before I make it again.
 Frinking near broke the bank last Dec. having to pay 65 bucks for 4 crabs to get 1lb of meat :roll:
But got to tell you all it was worth it :D  :D
Quing salmon for a fund raiser for our Rotary club in Sept. Planning on making  a big batch of Scotts Bisque as a side dish.
Had a chance this weekend between staining the deck, working on the lawn, the boat, moving the chicken coop, and working on my sons car, to BBQ a pork butt with Scottys secret rub and sauce .... Awesome...:cheers:  :cheers:  :salut:  :salut:  :D  :D

Scotty ....you da man  :cheers:  :salut:  

Bill
1979 222 FF

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill

Bill

August 22, 2012, 05:29:10 PM
Reply #19

johnnyred_1999

• Information Offline
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »
gran398,

Can't wait to try that one!! That one is going to be the holiday tradition.

Many Thanks!

John

August 26, 2012, 07:10:12 PM
Reply #20

johnnyred_1999

• Information Offline
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »
gran398,

OMG!!!! Showed the recipe to my wife and she couldn't wait. Made it tonight and all I can say is OMG!!! I can't imagine eating Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner after that. I ate 2 bowls and I am stuffed. It was unbelievable!!

Many Thanks for sharing that one, it is wonderful!!!!

John

August 28, 2012, 09:33:32 AM
Reply #21

gran398

• Information Offline
  • Purgatory
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 09:33:32 AM »
John thanks, glad you guys enjoyed it!

I'm hoping the New England members will try it with lobster, sweet clams, and fish :lol:

Thanks for trying it, and for the positive feedback :thumright:

September 03, 2012, 07:40:31 PM
Reply #22

johnnyred_1999

• Information Offline
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 07:40:31 PM »
Gran398,

Blackfish season is right around the corner and I bet it would be really good with blackfish added to the mix!!!

Thanks again!!!!

John

December 04, 2013, 09:59:57 PM
Reply #23

bondobill

• Information Offline
  • West Coast
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 09:59:57 PM »
Quote from: "gran398"
Fellas, been holding this one back on ya :wink:

I always make a big pot as an appetizer at Thanksgiving. I think you and your friends and fam will agree...its GOOD stuff. Don't feel bad about taking donations...its a bit pricey to make...but they'll gobble it up :lol:

Recipe adapted from original, Broussard's of New Orleans

Serves twelve:

1/2 lb bacon
1 large Vidalia onion
4 ribs celery (optional)
1 large green pepper
butter"
3 bay leaves
1 quart half and half
1 quart chicken stock
3/4 cup flour
1 bag shredded hash browns  (fresh, available in the egg section)
1 lb. crab meat
1 lb shrimp, cut in small chunks
scallops, chunked
1 can clams with clam juice, or fresh clam bits
chunked fresh white fish...grouper, flounder, snapper, etc (optional)
bottled spring water
sea salt, fresh ground pepper, cajun seasoning, dash or three cayenne pepper
fresh cilantro, fresh parsley, paprika

In large fry pan, fry bacon, remove, set aside. Add butter to  bacon grease, saute finely chopped veggies 5-7 minutes till tender. Add additional butter if necessary to prevent sticking. Set all aside.

In jumbo dutch oven, make roux with butter and flour. Do not burn, stir constantly. When roux is medium brown (12 minutes) add chicken stock, veggies and bacon bits from above. Add clams and juice. Cover. Simmer on medium low thirty minutes, stir often. Add spring water as needed. Do not scald.

Add half and half, hash browns, spices, simmer 20 to 30 minutes, stir often, render fat from sides as necessary. Add picked crab, simmer 5-10 minutes. (add spring water as necessary if bisque thickens too much.)

Add fish if used, then scallops, then shrimp. Do not allow fish chunks to break down, lift lightly.Taste, add more spices to taste. Simmer 5-10 minutes more. Depending on personal taste, add fresh cilantro. DO NOT overcook your pricey fresh seafood here... SERVE.

Ladle to bowls, top with fresh parsley and paprika, additional cilantro on the side. Serve.

Ooooo Baby :lol:

Thank Scotty for this one  :D

I plan on making this for Christmas for the 3rd year in a row.  
It is a wee bit of work but let me tell you'll.....it is damn well worth it. :cheers:
 Just thought I would bring it back up to the top .......not only for our newer members..but now I ain't got to look so far back to find it  :D

Bill
1979 222 FF

- Winston Churchill

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal