You reached the limit of pages to see for today

Author Topic: 22-2 Aquasport Rebuild  (Read 1431 times)

August 06, 2012, 11:14:15 AM
Reply #15

Capt Matt

• Information Offline
  • Master Rebuilder
    • http://www.captmattmitchell.com
Re: 22-2 Aquasport Rebuild
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
I paid a mobile sandblasting company to do the job. That was the best $300 I spent.
I also had the bottom pain sandblasted off too while the boat was upside down.
The inside looked like brand new fiberglass after being blasted and made for a great bond with the new glass
Capt Matt
www.captmattmitchell.com
Light tackle sportfishing

August 06, 2012, 12:05:45 PM
Reply #16

Cummins24v

• Information Offline
Re: 22-2 Aquasport Rebuild
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »
Quote from: "Capt Matt"
I paid a mobile sandblasting company to do the job. That was the best $300 I spent.
I also had the bottom pain sandblasted off too while the boat was upside down.
The inside looked like brand new fiberglass after being blasted and made for a great bond with the new glass
Capt Matt

You know a little more than these fellas think around here. How did the bottom look when yours was done? Did they use sand, walnut shells or something like that? I am a little scared of doing the outside. Maybe I am wrong.

And like you said you aren't going to get a better bond with the new glass going in a boat.

Matt,
             I was doing some thinking over the weekend. I am not sure that I am going to put anymore hatches in this mold that I am going to make. My boat will have the fuel tank in front of the console (under the floor) I am not sure that I would be able to use more hatches. All I am saying is that it is alot of time and money for something that people wouldn't be able to use. And after I make a deck you could add a the hatch before you put it in the boat. Just my thoughts.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal