Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Author Topic: Adding to my electrical power one more question  (Read 1564 times)

February 05, 2010, 07:14:21 PM
Reply #15

Double Trouble

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
Re: Adding to my electrical power
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »
I used Interlux perfection the color is platinum. I did it in sections took some time to do because it was done while the boat was in the water in between fishing trips actual hours about 15 most of that was prep work. If you use it, down load all the info from their site and follow it closely.The finish is excellent,
I painted right over the factory non skid,they have a dulling agent if you dont want the gloss finish.Applied with a 1/8 inch foam roller make sure it is recommended for use with two part urathane paint.The part that took the longest was taping everything off.One tip only mix what you can use in about half an hour and try to paint in the shade.If I can be of any more help let me know.Oh and thanks for the compliment.

February 06, 2010, 05:03:33 AM
Reply #16

Double Trouble

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
Re: Adding to my electrical power (Help from SeaBob)
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 05:03:33 AM »
I am getting a headache trying to figure out how to wire this setup we discussed.I guess I should stick to woodworking,anyway I know I am asking a lot but would you be able to post a simple sketch of how I can wire it.Thanks again, If you dont have the time I understand.

February 06, 2010, 07:33:45 PM
Reply #17

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »
So let's see how this works...

DT, when running, switch the genset batt to "both".  This will allow the port motor to charge the genset batt.  When you shut down, switch the genset batt to "1".  In fact, you may not need the isolator.  Anyway, house loads and genset starting are on batt 1 of the genset switch, if you run down that batt, switch over to "both", and that will parallel the port batt with the genset batt.

I forgot to say, when starting, starboard batt switch is on 1, port batt switch on 2.

Corner of 520 and A1A...

February 07, 2010, 03:57:49 AM
Reply #18

Double Trouble

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 03:57:49 AM »
Bob thanks so much. Hope I can return the favor someday.I like the idea of the isolator I plan on using the one by BEP #714-100A has the dual sensing VSR built in with the switch.Thanks again. OH! as long as you are having another I will have one with you CHEERS!!!!

February 10, 2010, 03:44:07 AM
Reply #19

Double Trouble

• Information Offline
  • NorthEast
Re: Adding to my electrical power one more question
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 03:44:07 AM »
Bob I want to clarify two more things. 1.The neg. cable from the new house/gen battery should run to the neg. buss with the other 2 batteries and another off the house/gen. battery to the generator,is this correct. 2.My 2 bank charger is only a year old so I was thinking of buying a single bank charger for the house/gen. battery could that create any kind of problems.
                                        Thanks again
                                               DT

February 10, 2010, 07:59:38 PM
Reply #20

seabob4

• Information Offline
  • Rigging Master
Re: Adding to my electrical power one more question
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
In the first case about tying the grounds together, yes that's correct, as well as wiring the ground to the connection point on the genset.

Adding a second, single-bank charger won't hurt a thing.  You can even wire it to the breaker on the AC/DC panel and turn them both on with a flip of the switch... :thumleft:

Corner of 520 and A1A...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal