Attention: Have only 1 page to see today

Aquasport Model Rebuilds, Mods, Updates and Refreshes > Express Fisherman/ Walkaround/ Explorer Rebuilds

250XF Navigation Light wire

(1/1)

Rickh:
Hey Guys,

One of the nav light wires on my  new-to-me 84 250XF  is broken in the hull, just aft of the anchor locker. I may be able to reach in far enough to make a butt connection but maybe not. Wondering if there is any way to run new wires from the panel?

Thanks for you help.

Rick

RickK:
I am not sure of an XF but in my Explorer there is a panel that you can remove under the helm. I installed a windlass switch on the dash and ran it to the front by tucking it behind the liner in the cabin and to the front. My nav lights are on the very end of the anchor pulpit. It would have been a real beast to try to pull a new wire through the pulpit.

Rickh:
Looks like the wires run thru down the starboard side, between the recessed walkaround and the hull. At some point they must cross under the walkaround and enter the cabin just below the helm. Not sure if an easy way to run a new wire exists.

captaincahill8:
Do you have a metal snake? You could pop the light fixture off and play a game of find where the snake exits! Then pull some wire back through.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version